Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scores Dipping in the 80s

j.harrisonj.harrison Member
edited May 2021 in General 57 karma

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to take the LSAT in two weeks and have been studying consistently since February. I've taken about 20 PTs so far. In the 70s, early 80s, and PT 88, I hit my target of 167+ (breaking into 170 territory). However, I'm now working my way through the mid-80s and my scores have dipped. This past week and a half, I've taken 83-87, scoring consistently at 165, which is lower than what I want. I'm now doubting whether I'm ready for the real deal, or if I'm just starting to experience some burnout. I've noticed a larger number of errors on LR in particular. Any advice on how to proceed here? Thank you!

Comments

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

I feel your pain. The 80s have been rough for me too 😕

• daliaglomelidaliaglomeli Core Member
    117 karma

80's were hard for me as well. If you would be absolutely devastated by a 165-ish score, I would hold off and try to familiarize yourself with the shift in wording. However, maybe try taking May 2020 before deciding for sure. Good luck!

• edited June 2021 239 karma

You're definitely not alone! I second daliaglomeli's suggestion above re familiarizing shift in wording before going back in again--you don't want to waste those precious things that are more likely to be similar to the real one! If you've noticed in the explanations, JY has mentioned in some questions that they require more inferences. To me, it was kind of the same idea--you had to do more "reading between the lines." I stopped taking the 80s as soon as I noticed this trend, and when I went backwards to do 70s, I noticed that some questions had those vague wordings, too (mostly in LR). I don't really know what the best way is to combat this, but I think spending more time understanding what the stimulus and answer choices are really saying helps. It also can't hurt if you try to read more articles/essays that have similar qualities in language.