Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was my improvement just luck?

tsunami7tsunami7 Member
in General 12 karma

I started studying for the LSAT since May 1st. My diagnostic was 147. Since then, I worked on the foundations of RC and LR specifically since I had a decent/good grasp of logic games. 3 weeks later, I did a PrepTest and scored 156. Today, I scored a 160. While I'm happy about this jump, I'm afraid that these past two scores were just lucky and they weren't real representations of my learning and improvement. I'm also aware that it's very common to have some fluctuations in your score for a variety of reasons, but I would love some advice and opinions on whether I deserve to feel good about this or if I need to do more PrepTests for a more realistic idea of my progress until test day (August, in which I'm hoping to score 170+). Has anyone else had a sharp increase in their score within a short period of time? If so, how did your score change afterwards?

Comments

• meiting.chenmeiting.chen Member
    49 karma

Happy for your improvement! Maybe try doing one of the most recent PTs (post PT70) and see if your performance is consistent.

• 1952 karma

i think you deserve to feel good about this! it looks like you improved after working on the foundations of rc and lr.
    score improvements, drastic/small, and when they happen, all differ from person to person. i've seen some people experience significant score jumps after finishing the cc; some would plateau for a while at a certain point; some would just keep on going.
    since you're taking august, there will be plenty of more opportunities to gauge where you are.
    keep on pushing, blind review the heck out of these preptests that you took, and be proud of your accomplishments when you see improvements.
    good luck!