Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I Reschedule

CoolDudeCoolDude Alum Member
edited June 2021 in General 57 karma

I've been working in court full time and recently moved into a new apartment.
I've had times when I had to work past normal working hours. Things are getting taxing for me since we started to get back to working in-person more now.

So far I've taken the LSAT twice.
My first time I managed to cancel my score on July 2019 and I scored a 155 on October 2019.
I've signed up for LSAT Flex for June. I feel like I'm somewhere in the low 160s but can reach high 160s maybe with some time. I plan this year to be the year I sign up for law school.

Should I just reschedule to October? What do you think?

Comments

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

are you unable to take the august one? that will give you more time to study as well as adequate time to worry about applications, since you're confident you can reach higher scores with more time.

• CoolDudeCoolDude Alum Member
    57 karma

@123anami said:
    are you unable to take the august one? that will give you more time to study as well as adequate time to worry about applications, since you're confident you can reach higher scores with more time.

I suppose I could. But I'm not sure if the two month difference would matter in time.

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

Good point. It should depend on where you are actually scoring and how much time and mental strength you have at the end of every work day to study efficiently. You mentioned feeling you're at a certain score but definitely take more PTs to find out. Either way, I would always recommend rescheduling if you know in your gut you can do better with more time to study.

57 karma

@123anami said:
    Good point. It should depend on where you are actually scoring and how much time and mental strength you have at the end of every work day to study efficiently. You mentioned feeling you're at a certain score but definitely take more PTs to find out. Either way, I would always recommend rescheduling if you know in your gut you can do better with more time to study.

Which is why October might be best? Applications are best sent in around November, right?

• Clementine-2Clementine-2 Member
    208 karma

I'm in a similar situation. I also work for the court system too and I am very tired at the end of the day because our dockets are returning to normal. I'm also getting married in June so to give myself time to get back together Im planning for October.

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

Take it when you are ready, not when you feel like your scores are within a range. Take a test so you know where you stand with the test. Also, maybe get a tutor. I studied for a solid year without a tutor, hit a plateau, and I'm finally improving again and seeing my mistakes. Sometimes tutors have a way of helping you see something on the page you might consistently miss. Have a few tests within a couple points of your target score, whatever that may be. October is okay to apply with I personally believe, but that means October is your final test before submitting applications early unless you delay and test again. I've delayed two cycles myself. It happens and life goes on too.

57 karma

@"Granger Danger" said:
    Take it when you are ready, not when you feel like your scores are within a range. Take a test so you know where you stand with the test. Also, maybe get a tutor. I studied for a solid year without a tutor, hit a plateau, and I'm finally improving again and seeing my mistakes. Sometimes tutors have a way of helping you see something on the page you might consistently miss. Have a few tests within a couple points of your target score, whatever that may be. October is okay to apply with I personally believe, but that means October is your final test before submitting applications early unless you delay and test again. I've delayed two cycles myself. It happens and life goes on too.

That's true. I don't suppose I could try taking both June and October instead? Though I'm not sure if that would work out.