Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clarification for Flex sign-ups

WickedLostWickedLost Member
in General 481 karma

Hi All! Apologies if this has been asked before, but can someone clarify how many dates we have as options for the LSAT Flex for each month? For August, I understand it starts the week of the 14th and you sign up when it opens a week and a half prior to that, but how many days do we have to choose from? Thank you!

Comments

• 11 karma

for example, the June cycle has three days, so id say it is at least two days guaranteed for August. Also, just take into account that the August test will no longer be three sections, the LSAT will go back to four sections moving forward.

• WickedLostWickedLost Member
    481 karma

@bread_and_water said:
    for example, the June cycle has three days, so id say it is at least two days guaranteed for August. Also, just take into account that the August test will no longer be three sections, the LSAT will go back to four sections moving forward.

Thank you! Do you know if those dates are typically set close to the "starting date"? I found for June they were not but I'm trying to determine the trend so I can plan my work leave accordingly.

• 1952 karma

@WickedLost said:

@bread_and_water said:

Thank you! Do you know if those dates are typically set close to the "starting date"? I found for June they were not but I'm trying to determine the trend so I can plan my work leave accordingly.

i think it usually is.

june used to be "tbd, week starting june 12." now june is scheduled for 12, 13, and 15.

august is "tbd, week starting august 14." my guess is that august will be scheduled for 14, 15, and 17.

flex tests usually have been tested on saturday/sunday/tuesday (skipping monday).

p.s. i believe international test dates are tested on different days; also, starting august, the "flex" era is over. it's still online, but with 4 sections and they will drop the word "flex" to the tests.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

@bread_and_water said:

will they include an experimental section as well?

• evan.006evan.006 Member
    edited June 2021 82 karma

@tams2018 said:
    will they include an experimental section as well?

I'm pretty sure that the fourth section is the experimental section. LSAC is not going back to 2 LR sections; they plan on keeping 1 section per subject (e.g., LG, LR, RC) and putting the experimental section back in. Which makes sense IMO because they still need to test future questions/question types.

EDIT: More info here -- https://www.lsac.org/lsat-august-2021-and-beyond

• 11 karma

@WickedLost said:

@bread_and_water said:

the test days are typically saturday, sunday, and monday