Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mid 150s Looking for Tutor

Bourne_SBourne_S Core Member
in Study Groups 16 karma

Hello!
My name is Soph and I just started 7sage to study for my LSATs this fall. I took a diagnostic through Khan Academy and scored in the mid 150s. I have so far completed the modules MC and MSS questions and now am completing the Logic and Advanced Logic courses.
What I struggle with is sometimes having lots of self-doubt and panicking during the LSAT (which is slightly mitigated during the Blind Review, but not completely).
I was hoping to see if someone is willing to maybe help my case "pro bono".

My schedule is that I typically study from 12pm to 7pm (EST) every day and would hope to use Discord as a means of communication.

Cheers everyone,
Soph

Comments

• vspicy23vspicy23 Member
    190 karma

Hi Soph. I also severely struggled with anxiety during PT and today I was finally able to break into the 150s timed. My tutor helped me with this by telling me that "I am in my own way." If you feel like you're panicking or getting anxious during the test, remember that it's just a practice test. Also, don't focus on the time. When you're focusing on the time thats taking ALL the focus away from reading and understanding the questions/passages/stimuli, etc. Just remember that this is just practice and once you stop focusing on the time limit (if you are), you will do significantly better. Of course, everyone is different but thats what helped me. Good luck!! :)

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    edited June 2021 2249 karma

I've spent a great deal of money on tutors so I feel that I can tell you with confidence that you shouldn't get a tutor until you're hitting the 160's; otherwise, you will be forking out a lot of money for them to do things you can do yourself (even if you don't believe you can at first)

• turvsbroturvsbro Member
    90 karma
  • Learned AstronomerLearned Astronomer Free Trial Member
    145 karma

Messaged!