Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm sad guys

kevinmdunsheekevinmdunshee Alum Member
in General 69 karma
Really felt like I blew it on games. I expected this to be my worst section, but I don't think anything could have prepared me for how tough that was gonna be. I'm leaning toward canceling my score. I was testing in the mid 170's, and I'd be very surprised if I broke 170 with this test.

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    All I can is solidarity friend. I would hold off on canceling because it's normal to fixate on the bad.
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    a 170 is a top 1-2% score. You can get into almost any school granted you have a decent gpa. I would keep it and retake. I would think a 168 and a 176 would still get you into the places you want. Who knows, maybe October's logic games will have 4 dinosaur and snake games...
  • kevinmdunsheekevinmdunshee Alum Member
    69 karma
    I have an abysmal gpa.
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    Well, realistically if you think you got more than 12 wrong you're probably not looking at a 170 It might not be a total blowout though.. the standard acceptable situation questions are always gimmes.. and the amount of questions varies on logic games. (Being vague and general here, you must infer some things) I mean if you are able to hit those SAA questions consistently that will be 4 points on any LG section.. add it up with some easy inferences that probably snagged you 2 or 3 questions.. it may not be such a terrible outlook. And if it is, well.. I probably did worse lol
    69 karma
    I'm thinking at least 10 wrong on games so a cancel seems like the obvious choice.
    69 karma
    Question for y'all. Let's say I decide not to cancel, do high 160's on this test, and then hit mid 170's on the next one, how much worse will that look that a cancel/mid 170's
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    I think you're really splitting hairs here. With an abysmal GPA you're probably not looking at the very top-tier anyway, and any 170 will put you ahead of anyone without a 170, which is already a lot of people. If you think you got 16-anything on this test I'd stick lol
  • bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
    181 karma
    Most schools look at your highest score.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    Most schools will look only at your highest score. A very small percentage will average out multiple LSAT scores (Vanderbilt is the only school I know that does this that I can name off the top of my head). Unless you are hoping for a particular school, and this school averages multiple LSAT scores, I wouldn't cancel. There's always still October right around the corner.
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    You would still be looking at the same schools. Probably Northwestern and WUSTL. I canceled yesterday myself because of the logic games so I understand the thought process but if think you got a 165+ I see nothing wrong with keeping it.
    69 karma
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I will roll the dice, keep this score, and plan for a retake in October. Good luck to everyone.
  • Student76Student76 Alum Member
    324 karma
    @kevinmdunshee not sure you got them right, does not mean you got them wrong, as long as you filled in the bubble (hopefully you did). From my understanding, the school only has to report the highest LSAT score for accepted students (someone correct me if I am wrong). Thinking that a school would hold a 160 something against you when you get a 170 something that they can report doesn't seem beneficial. I don't think these schools are really scrutinizing what a lower/higher score means, just what they can report to increase their ranking. Just as they do not give out scholarships because they think you really deserve it, they give them so they can use you to help their ranking.