Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage Explanations

cam.plummer5cam.plummer5 Member
edited August 2021 in General 28 karma

So this may have been said before and I know that there is no way to really change this but does anyone else feel like sometimes the explanations are like too cursory? Like the instructors will say something like "This answer is just ridiculous", or "That just doesn't make any sense" even when there's clearly a lot of test takers who chose that wrong answer? It seems like the powerscore and certain GMATclub forums are way more in depth about trap answers and certain things. Just want to see if it's only me.

Comments

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

Hey! Sometimes one type of explanation doesn't clarify things for me so I agree that some other forums like powerscore help.

• thinkorswimthinkorswim Alum Member
    433 karma

Hey I remember thinking that way too way back in my prep, and I know it sucks if you happen to choose that answer choice. I knew that's how I felt ( happened many times). The problem is , and eventually you will see this, is that you will ACTUALLY realize that the answer choice is irrelevant/ridiculous. Focus on the WHY they are saying it is irrelevant rather than the fact it is cursory. It's also because if you want to score high on this test, you will have to realize the BS answer choices extremely quick and most the time only give them a glance. It's the mindset they are trying to teach.

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

You can also check out the comments section. A lot of people have given in depth explanations to most questions out there, so make sure to utilize that resource too!