Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Psyching myself out?

Gz412326Gz412326 Alum Member
in General 92 karma
Hi guys, On my last 3 PT I've takdn at the actual test location under timed conditions I've had much more trouble finishing the sections on time and my scores have really dipped. I have no issues when I take a strict timed PT at home so I guess this is psychological. I keep putting myself in the test day environment but I haven't seen any improvement. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to handle? I'm worried because my scores are like 7-8 points lower when I'm testing at the test location. Thoughts?

Comments

• visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    Whats the difference? Is it louder? More distractions? Whatever it is I would just keep doing it there if thats where you are doing poorly. Just seems psychological but it could be a bunch of things.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Were the PTs newer than the ones you do at home or particularly difficult relative to the ones you did at home? Can you feel a physical, mental, or emotional difference when you're at the test site? It might be just nerves since you're putting yourself in the most realistic position possible, but I'd say just really work a good BR and drill as needed and then keep on doing what you're doing. I think 3 PTs is too small a sample size and putting the game day stress on yourself is bound to knock your score down. I think you just need to keep getting used to the test location and that will help you on the real thing. If there's no improvement in the next 5-10 tests then you might have some other issues you can hit us up with then if you need to.