Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Blind Review Question - 7Sage Forum

Blind Review Question

kenneth.bartonkenneth.barton Alum Member
edited June 2015 in General 4 karma
So I understand how to apply the Blind Review method to full length PT's; take the test, circle uncertain ones, go back and review uncertain ones after the test before checking score. But when you're taking lessons and doing problem sets, and the course asks you to blind review a set of a dozen or so main conclusion etc. questions, how are we supposed to time ourselves on individual questions? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2015 1294 karma
    The problem sets used to have instructions for timing when you were allowed to print them out. For 10, the standard timing was around 15 minutes. You should always push yourself when it comes to timing. Set a timing goal and do the problem sets within that frame, or faster, and push yourself every time to try and complete it faster. for instance, for the 10 question problem set, I would begin to time myself for 15 minutes. If I didn't finish within that frame, I would blind review the questions I missed or had a hard time with, and then proceed to the explanations. After getting more comfortable, I pushed myself for 12 or 13 minutes, and even tried 10 questions in 10 minutes.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @kenneth.barton said:
    But when you're taking lessons and doing problem sets, and the course asks you to blind review a set of a dozen or so main conclusion etc. questions, how are we supposed to time ourselves on individual questions?
    You might add in a "stopwatch" component. I've made heavy use of the iPhone clock/stopwatch app for timing each Q in a drill set. You want to take less than 1:20 for LR questions, at large. Tracking your time can be a great way to figure out if a particular QT is a time sink for you. Do you spend 3 minutes on MbT? Hmmm that's a really long time. Only 30 seconds on Weaken with hit-or-miss accuracy? Might slow it down a bit. That sort of thing.

Hmm, I just got a really outlandish idea for an Excel tracking sheet. Might pull together some of my sample data and give it a try.