Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could you share your wrong answer journal?

Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
edited October 2021 in General 677 karma

My previous tutor who scored 176 on the LSAT Flex and attends HLS now submitted the following wrong answer journal to me. Currently, this is the template I use to to visually represent my reasonings for LR and RC sections. Could you please share yours as well? I have seen folks use Excel, table, etc to do it but personally, I like what I currently use the best.

MP+MC Pset 1: LSAT 35 Question 9
Prephrase: Not intended to be in accordance with formal set of rules → reason did not play a role in the act → cannot be considered moral behavior
- A: Extremity (all), irrelevant (selfishness → do not extrapolate. Stimulus never defined this or introduced this idea)
- B: Extremity (all), irrelevant (doesn’t touch on the relationship between altruism and moral behavior)
- C: Extremity (must), incorrect definition of moral behavior (stimulus talks about the presence of reason as the key to moral behavior)
- D: Correct. In line with pre-phrase → Reason does not play a role in certain altruistic behavior, which means certain altruistic behavior cannot be considered moral behavior.
- E: “Develops through”? Misinformation. Use of reason is linked to moral behavior in the stimulus, not altruism itself.

Comments

• 206 karma

I write it out on my Ipad I can share with you a screenshot: DM me.

I try to leave some space to draw a figure that explains the stimulus (when applicable). I do that to help myself train my brain's ability to visualizing things as I read. I find that this way I will avoid misunderstanding tricky statements. The rest I do just like you, except I do not go into detail with every answer choice. About 2 or 3/5 answer choices I just write irrelevant next to: when I am sure i'd never fall for them (to save time and allocate it to other questions)

hope that helps