Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Break into 160's for November LSAT

bazziabazzia Core Member
in General 51 karma

I took a couple of LSATs over the weekend with my scores being 157 and 158 respectively. I am set to write the November LSAT and my goal score would be in the 160s. Currently, my strongest section is LG with an average of -1 to -2 on timed games and 0 on longer or untimed. LR and RC tend to fluctuate as under timed conditions, I tend to forego anything type of strategy I have.

Any advice on how to take back control of LR and RC to break into the 160s?

Thank you :)

Comments

• azali624azali624 Core Member
    61 karma

following

• CasandraCasandra Member
    40 karma

following

• DachiardiDachiardi Member
    30 karma

Games are -1 and -2.

You've got this.

• 316 karma

It sounds like you've got the fundamentals down so I'd say just keep drilling. Also what helped me in RC is really taking an active interest in the passage, and stopping to reread if I didn't fully comprehend the information. As far as the 160+ goes, since you're only losing a couple points on LG and LR I'd say the odds are really good.

• ornela..ornela.. Member
    66 karma

I found what cranked up my score from 160 -> 170 was using the analytics function on 7sage for LR, creating 30 question problem sets of single type questions untimed and just cranking them out, really hammers it into your head. for RC practice practice practice. I was really bad and starting taking advice to highlight or take notes during reading RC, nothing changed. I'm down from like -11 to like -4/-5 on RC just by practicing untimed or timed passages and really just understanding what was going on, it really takes practice! I personally don't highlight or take notes during RC, I just focus on understanding what each paragraph means, what the argument is, etc.

• rashi.prasadrashi.prasad Member
    94 karma

following

• IndydelMarIndydelMar Core Member
    25 karma

Following

• mollyjoy1mollyjoy1 Member
    27 karma

following