Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling

Aiesha G.Aiesha G. Alum Member
edited June 2015 in General 199 karma
How often do you guys drill? My first couple of drills on LR flaw questions have proved to be deadly. Pretty much hit or miss.I've gotten so disappointed lately because of my lack of proficiency. In some ways I think it is due to lack of fundamentals so I am re-reading that section. But then again I think it could be I because I simply don't drill enough (honestly I prob only get to really do it twice a week if that Smh). I'm going to try getting up early to drill while my son is sleeping.

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    I drilled from the Cambridge packages after I finished a section. I only did about 1-20 questions just to see if I understood how to answer that question type. I'm using the rest of the Cambridge packages to drill after each PT. After the blind review I'll see which question types are still giving me issues and drill those. Someone made a good point about not doing all of the Cambridge package before doing the PT. That way the material on the PT will be fresh. I'm starting with two PT a week. I'll blind review, drill then on to the next PT. Hope this helps. I don't really have a schedule for drilling. I just did a few questions after each section to see if I had grasped the concept. If not, I did a few more questions before moving on.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Finding the flaw is one of the most fundamental skills you need on the LSAT. IIRC you are using the Trainer so you should definitely spend a good deal of time on his sections about flaws before moving forward. Make sure you do all the exercises he has laid out for you. Also, practice spotting flaws everywhere, even in everyday conversation. Other people might get annoyed if you point out their argument flaws all the time so you can just keep it to yourself if you so choose.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @"Aiesha G."
    I used Cambridge packets for several months, which helped me see the pattern of mistakes I was making. Currently I just take PTs and timed sections from PT 1-35 and A, B and C.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    IIRC you are using the Trainer so you should definitely spend a good deal of time on his sections about flaws before moving forward.
    I've gone through (making full, detailed notes and doing all related drills/problems) this part of the Trainer three times over the past 11 months and am considering revisiting it. It puts the fun in fundamentals.

I drilled using Mike's study schedules. The first time through the Trainer I did the 52-55 or so drills and the second time I did the 29-38 drills. So, yeah. A lot of drilling. Not sure if the Cambridge packets are really affordable in the big picture. I would use the LSAT Trainer lesson/drill schedules for now and then see if you need more help. There is a LOT of overlap with the 7sage drills but I find these things easier to organize when I can see them all in one place.

http://www.thelsattrainer.com/lsat-self-study-schedules.html
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I second the Cambridge drilling packets. While going through practice problems is great, don't forget to also review them so you can figure out what you got right and what you missed.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @ddakjiking said:
    While going through practice problems is great, don't forget to also review them so you can figure out what you got right and what you missed.
    Oh yeah! Forgot to note ... You must BR your drilling problems :D :D :D

Cuz otherwise ... Well ... I don't really know where the deep learning would come in!