Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 weeks to go. Advice needed. #help

ladycajun17ladycajun17 Core Member
edited December 2021 in General 7 karma

I just started using 7sage. I have 5 weeks until the test. I scored a 150 on my diagnostic. I only need a 156 to get into the school I want. That's the median score, but my GPA is high, a 3.9.

My question is, what is the most efficient way to get to the 156? Do I drill the practice tests and then blind review? Or do I pick a section to work the most on to try to gain the points in that particular section to raise the total score? My diagnostics were:
LG -10 13 out of 23
LR -8 17 out of 25
LR -11 14 out of 25
RC -11 16 out of 27

What would you do?

Comments

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

fool proof LG for sure. Thats the best thing you can do.

• rahman.faisal16rahman.faisal16 Core Member
    27 karma

Take a PT once a week, blind review and then use the 7sage diagnostics to pinpoint where you need improvements (really helpful for LR). For games, do one game a day. For RC, do one passage a day.

• youssufkyoussufk Member
    31 karma

The best thing to do at this point is master LG and you will get to your goal. However, keep in mind that you should practice for the other subjects to get better at those subjects. I would say the average person can master LG in a matter of two weeks if you practice it everyday. But, don't just take a whole bunch of LG. Practice to master. Not to just take it and get nowhere. Best of luck to you!

• ladycajun17ladycajun17 Core Member
    7 karma

Really appreciate y'alls comments. I will work most diligently on LG but also continue working on the others:)

When you say practice to master LG, what exactly do you mean?

• youssufkyoussufk Member
    31 karma

What I mean is that do not waste time just doing questions. You need to practice to make sure you get all the inferences from the first try and do it all in under the time given. You can do the exact same questions that you got wrong as practice to help you know how this inference was made and that it will come up again in other games. I have no doubt that you can get 0 incorrect from now til test day.

• fatmaalazazifatmaalazazi Member
    127 karma

LG is a section I improved on dramatically.

Make sure you master diagramming skills. Familiarize your self with all the games i.e. sequencing, sequencing double, grouping, mixed, and so on.

Most importantly, blind review after each pt or drill set and watch the explanation videos posted.

Good Luck!

• WickedLostWickedLost Member
    481 karma

I agree with the others that LG is the one you should focus on. The most important thing is having a process/plan that you stick to, no matter what the specific game is. watch JY's videos as they're really helpful.
    Review is certainly helpful (especially if you were torn on whether to split a game or let the questions guide you) but I find that I learn the most when I play around with each rule right after I read it. Good luck!