Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preferable way to take PTs

HoneyCabbage-1-1HoneyCabbage-1-1 Core Member
in General 49 karma

I would like to ask this before I begin taking PTs consistently. I know that there is an option to take 3 sections of the PT as opposed to all 4 due to the changing of the scoring of the tests. Yet, when I am studying is it better to take all 4 sections? Thank you in advance

Comments

• scott1217scott1217 Member
    37 karma

It depends on how you think your test taking endurance is at this point. Tha actual test is going to have 4 sections, only 3 of which are scored. If you think you'll burn out then you have to practice for 4 since you won't know which is the unscored section.

I only just started PT'ing but I'm planning on doing a mix. I don't personally have an endurance issue and saving the second unscored section lets me use them for practice sets, but I don't want to get too comfortable with 3-section tests so that I am prepared for the real thing. Do what you think is best knowing yourself.

• domballa24domballa24 Core Member
    27 karma

I have done 5 practice tests at 3 sections, and last week I did a 4 section test. My scores were all within the range I have been getting, regardless of it being 3 or 4 sections. Personally I didn't think 4 was more difficult or strenuous than 3, but then again I have done probably 15-20 total practice tests.