Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

That test day individual...

mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
edited July 2015 in General 938 karma
I think it would be fun/funny to list the types of people you see/listen to when you're at your LSAT testing site on test day.
I'll list a couple of people to start it off.

Ditcher: This guy has no idea why he's there or if he's even ready. As soon as his name is called during attendance he gets up and says "I'm not ready for this, I shouldn't be here, good luck everyone." Making other students a bit more anxious than they were already.

That Guy: This is the guy (I say guy because I've never seen a girl do this, and I took the test twice) during break, who talks about the LSAT like it's no big deal. He barely studied for it because it's just so simple or he doesn't take it seriously. He says this while laughing and shrugs it off like it isn't a big deal. After the exam is finished he walks away with a look of defeat on his face.

Freaked Out: These are the people who are obsessing over the test during their break (they are usually a bit vocal). They feel defeated and want to cancel their score. Some do and some don't, but it doesn't make others any less anxious.

Pencil Person: This is the person who taps their pencil every so often and it's a bit distracting. They also tend to cross out answers like an angry 5 year old scribbling in a coloring book. Out of all the people, these may be the worst.

The Nail Biter (this is me): I bite my nails to keep the rest of my nerves under control. It may be distracting, but I'm not sure if it is because I never noticed anyone else doing it.

I'm sure there are plenty of others. Feel free to post some if you've experienced similar/other possibilities!

Comments

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    Man, you think the LSAT is bad, just wait until you get to the bar exam.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Ughhh THE PENCIL PERSON!!! MY WORST NEMESIS. I had a girl sitting beside me who was going to WAR with her paper during LG section. It was so distracting that I just wanted to yell at her.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @"Jonathan Wang" I'm not ready for those 2 days!
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @emli1000
    Three days if you plan on taking the CA Bar.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    You forgot the foot tapper/jiggler (.. that's me.) :(
  • RebelwendyRebelwendy Alum Member
    168 karma
    And the Under-Breath Mumbler...
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Don't forget the diaper in tight pants guy! Remind him to change himself at the break!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Don't forget the diaper in tight pants guy!
    .... NO. No, no no.

I bet there are nightmare tales floating around of leaky table/row mates ...
    8021 karma
    The place I'm taking the October LSAT has never hosted it before so I'm sure there are bound to be countless issues, but I also can't imagine there being more than a dozen people taking the test in this town. And definitely none so serious and paranoid that they would wear diapers. It's a shame really, I'd absolutely take a photo of an obvious diaper wearer and share it with the masses.

Seriously, what if you saw such a person and then you ended up at the same law school as them? Are you obligated to buy them a pack of Depends for 1L fall finals week? I feel like if you wore diapers to your LSAT and showed up to law school and someone there had seen you, then you pretty much have to drop out immediately. I'm sure law schools will be totally understanding when you write an addendum about how you had to leave law school because someone knew your dark secret.
    3462 karma
    I had a person follow me the whole entire time! From the parking lot to the testing center, once in the testing center to sign in to the restroom, from the restroom to the testing room and just my luck she sat next to me. The whole time she did not stop talking my ear off. During the break she followed me to the restroom even though she didn't even have to go... she just waited for me lol. After the LSAT she followed me back to my car and asked for my FB and phone number. I'm pretty sure she was nervous as hell and that's why this happened lol
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    You forgot one more type of person: The OverPacker! You wonder how they were able to fit so much crap into one bag...it's as if they are more prepared to travel out of the state for a couple of days versus taking the LSAT!
    3658 karma
    @emli1000 Did she give you the sexy eyes?
    8021 karma
    Oh man that is terrible... I don't even know how I'd react if someone did that to me...
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @ENTJ said:
    You forgot one more type of person: The OverPacker! You wonder how they were able to fit so much crap into one bag...it's as if they are more prepared to travel out of the state for a couple of days versus taking the LSAT!
    HAHAHAH this. I saw some guy bring in two big grocery bags worth of stuff and the proctor didn't even care.
  • KimberlyKKimberlyK Alum Member
    217 karma
    One thing I have going for me on test day is that they test is administered at the University I graduated from.

I may be the worse type... I'm the nail biting, pencil tapping, under breath mumbler, nervous energy abounds type. But at the same time I am super prepared (except for the diaper. EWWW BTW) obsessed with perfection, but might show up in Happy Bunny pjs type. I think they balance out.
    217 karma
    @emli1000 said:
    I'm not ready for those 2 days!
    "The Texas Bar Exam lasts three days. Of the states that require a bar exam, Texas has one of the longest and reputedly more difficult exams."

Retrieved from: https://law.tamu.edu/CurrentStudents/PlanningYourCourseofStudy/AppendixA-OverviewoftheTexasBarExam.aspx

......Oh goody.....:\
    7965 karma
    @KimberlyK said:
    "The Texas Bar Exam lasts three days. Of the states that require a bar exam, Texas has one of the longest and reputedly more difficult exams."
    Appropriate for the greatest country in America! I'm also TX-based (Dallas here). A few of us around.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    From what I understand, Florida's state laws are extremely quirky and keep a lot of potential lawyers away from moving to the state as well! Maybe it's not harder or as hard as Texas, but I'd say, it protects me from the Harvard/Yale grads who want to come back to Florida! LOL!
    3658 karma
    I wonder if there has ever been a person so bored enough to pass every single state's bar exam...Imagine that!
    8021 karma
    I think this prevents anyone from attempting such nonsense:

https://www.ncbex.org/pubs/bar-admissions-guide/2015/index.html#p=49
    938 karma
    @Pacifico well, I don't have to worry about it for 3 years, right? >.<!
  • Brenda Del CarmenBrenda Del Carmen Alum Member
    6 karma
    I used to be a test proctor and I've seen all of the ones that were mentioned lol
    217 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    I'm also TX-based (Dallas here). A few of us around.

I am, literally, right in between Houston (30 miles North) and Galveston (30 miles South). Its actually a pretty great location.
  • lsatcommittedlsatcommitted Alum Member
    166 karma
    I'll never forget the proctor with bad clock and "I'm always right" attitude. Oh, and the 60 or so pissed off future law students who knew they wer short-changed. I didn't notice anyone else, I was in the mode.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @ENTJ
    The "over packer" is going to be me. I'm going to bring 100 pencils, JUST IN CASE my pencils keep breaking.
    Lol!
    3658 karma
    Haha careful. The LSAT proctor(s) may mistake you for a test pencil dealer! :)
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    One guy kept saying "the tension in the air.." to himself over and over. He was nervous and his highest PT scores were 150.. I wonder if he had a bad day?
    3462 karma
    @ENTJ HA! Hopefully I won't run into her again in Dec.
    3658 karma
    @emlio1000 You make me want to create an "LSAT Horror Story" thread!
    3462 karma
    @ENTJ Haha, Nooo! Don't do it!
    7965 karma
    @emli1000 said:
    Hopefully I won't run into her again in Dec.
    That's the stuff of nightmares!
    3462 karma
    @nicole.hopkins must remain calm at all times. Haha, you'll meet some interesting people that day.
    7965 karma
    @KimberlyK said:
    right in between Houston (30 miles North) and Galveston (30 miles South)
    Texas City? I almost moved to Galveston last year.
    217 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Texas City?
    League City
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    213 karma
    Don't forget The Vomiter? Yes, it happened in Dec 2013 at Northwestern.
    3658 karma
    @profile427 Damn! What happened after the incident occurred? Hopefully they move the testing to another room... :/
    8021 karma
    I don't know what I'd do if someone puked on me during the LSAT... I feel like that should be a free 170+ right there... (cue discussion of ipecac buddy team strategies for October/December)
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    213 karma
    @ENTJ Thankfully, it happened riiiight after the person made it through the double doors. Kinda gave me a h@ly sh*t moment, as it happened a few minutes into the first section. I had wondered what I had gotten myself into, being that I was a first-time test taker.

@Pacifico If only, man...
  • seth.corleyseth.corley Alum Member
    29 karma
    The guy who's probably stoned
    29 karma
    The girl or guy with a 600 dollar watch who looks prepared enough to score around a 160
    29 karma
    The guy who's part of a prelaw frat and kinda has to take the LSAT even though he doesn't have the best chance at law school
    8021 karma
    The proctor whose watch is broken but will still use it to keep time, to either your great detriment or great benefit.
    938 karma
    The group of people talking about which prep course they use, non of them being 7Sage, thus feeling bad for them as snarky as some are being.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    The cougher- person who is just getting rid of a cold and is in that stage where they can't go a few minutes without coughing or clearing their throat.