Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I retake the LSAT?

Gracie567Gracie567 Member
in General 25 karma

August LSAT is my first official LSAT attempt, I got 165. This score is 5 more points than the 75th percentile of my target school. I think chances to be admitted is quite sure. So right now my question is that should I retake the LSAT to secure more scholarship? I checked the 509 report, I think maybe I can get more than half scholarship. But it is still too expensive for me, I need the full scholarship.

So here is the question:

1.Go ahead to apply with my current score. The good thing of this is that I save time and don't have to do it again. And also I can submit early, I think this would increase my chance of scholarship, but I am not sure, pls correct me if I am wrong. The bad thing is that my score is not super high enough to secure full scholarship. But, wait, am I wrong to think in this way. The higher above 75th percentile, the bigger scholarship?

1. Retake in October. The good thing is that I may be able to get a higher score. Yes, may be able to. So it is not necessarily true I will get a higher score. And how much higher? I am looking forward to 169. I am not super confident of this. But I do think I have the chance.

So if I get higher score, then apply on Nov 2, is my chance to get full scholarship biggest?

The bad thing about this plan is I retake, but not good score, then I am late in applying. And then does it mean I screw myself?

Really need advice!

Comments

• prelawtojdprelawtojd Live Member
    52 karma

If your score is already 5 points higher than the 75% percentile then I would not retake the LSAT. I would focus on building a strong and competitive application and submit it early as you can.