Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Anxiety

nadian00rnadian00r Core Member
edited October 2022 in General 69 karma

Anyone else having trouble studying out of pure anxiety? Every time I go to drill or even just sit down to rewatch the CC I feel so much anxiety knowing that I have to take the real thing in November, and I feel no where near ready and I feel like I won't be ready even though there's still plenty of time to hone in on the things I've been struggling with in all sections. If anyone has any tips on overcoming this I would really appreciate it!

Comments

• Holly GolightlyHolly Golightly Core Member
    77 karma

One thing that helps me is warming up untimed. I also use the pomodoro method and have an actual timer (like a kitchen timer, but they also sell pomodoro/study timers), which encourages me to get at least some studying done before I get to take a break.

Do you find one section more fun or interesting than the others? That could be a good place to start to "break" into studying. I tend to find all the sections fairly interesting -- except for the super hard questions, of course.

And don't be afraid to take breaks! I always take at least one day off per week, sometimes more. I'm deathly afraid of burning out, as I have done in the past. And know that you can always postpone a test date!

• grugthesluggrugtheslug Member
    107 karma

yeah the stress is no joke. i been taking reaal watery poops recently.

• ClaudioD21ClaudioD21 Member
    414 karma

This happens to me as well. I find that what helps me is to close your eyes before doing a PT and just take deep breaths and remind yourself that you’re in control. You’re taking the test. The test is not taking you. Remind yourself that you’re in control and you know what you’re doing while taking deep breaths and when you feel calm then you’re probably ready to begin. It’s what works for me at least, hope it helps.