Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is PrepTest A and where are the explanations to those questions?

maya.miramaya.mira Alum Member

Hi! I recently did the drill for the weakening section and saw that two of my questions were pulled from PrepTest A and didn't have explanation videos. I noticed on the explanation videos tab there was a "Test A February 1996", but that there are only explanations for logic games. What makes PrepTest A different from other tests? Are the explanations somewhere else?

Thanks!

Comments

• luffyyyyluffyyyy Live Member
    653 karma

you can google the question. Powerscore and MahattanPrep usually have explanations for them.

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma

To answer your other question - PrepTests A, B, and C are old February tests that were released together in the LSAC's SuperPrep book (and in the same vein, C2 is from SuperPrep 2). They're not special in any way except that didn't fit into the numbering scheme once LSAC started releasing tests in numerical order (for example, Feb 96 would be between PTs 18 and 19) and they were released substantially later than they were given, so they decided to just name them something different.

• Jovil --Student Service--Jovil --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    edited December 2022 163 karma

@maya.mira Sorry about that. Jonathan Wang is correct, PrepTest A, including PrepTests B and C, are old. We haven't gotten around to making the LR and some RC explanation videos for these older PrepTests.

If you see "discuss" instead of a link to the Explanation Video, it means we don't have video explanation for that question.

For the questions that do not have an explanation video, you can search for any past question discussion on the Discussion Forum, by typing in the PrepTest number, section number, and question number in the search box in the following format: PT#.S#.Q#. See the GIF below where I searched for PTA.S1.Q23:

You can also post your own discussion on the Forum. When posting a question in the Forum, please use the following formats:

• Reading Comprehension (RC) questions: "PT#.S#.Q# (P#) - brief description of stimulus" E.g. PT60.S1.Q7 (P4) - weakened immune system cancer
    • Logic Games (LG) questions: "PT#.S#.Q# (G#) - brief description of question" E.g. PT40.S2.Q7 (G2) - could be true of the study
    • Logical Reasoning (LR) questions: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of question" E.g. PT37.S1.Q12 - Political scientist: Efforts to create a more egalitarian

You can see our Formatting Guidelines on this page.

Hope this helps.