Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying for the LSAT

braytsinbraytsin Member
in General 12 karma
Hi,

What is the best way to study for the October LSAT and how many hours a day?

I purchased all 3 bibles from Powerscore and all the exams.
Would this be the best way to study?

Should I just keep taking practice test after practice test?
Should they be all timed?

Please help out :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    It depends, how long have you been preparing to take the LSAT? Or are you just starting out with your studies?
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    7Sage is the best way to prepare for the exam. Hands down. I've read all the bible and 7Sage blows them out of the water. Go through the curriculum and then supplement however you'd like. There are a finite number of official tests available so I'd recommend taking one test as a diagnostic and saving the rest until when you have learned the material.
  • KimberlyKKimberlyK Alum Member
    edited July 2015 217 karma
    I am also studying for October. I bought the LR and LG Bibles and workbooks, then I found this place. In my opinion, getting this (the 3 month plan) and going through it, is a very important addition to my other study tools. The ability to hear the speaker as he finds the answer has been one of the best advantages I have really gotten. Now when I am analyzing I hear JY's voice. He's my LSAT voice. BUT That's me personally. I have no idea how you learn. If you're even a bit of a auditory learner than this course is going to help a great deal. I'd use the Bibles only to supplement what you learn here or for when you need a break. On your break you can still look at the exercises and explanations in the Bibles (unless of course that method confuses you). Best of Luck to you!!!

As far as practice tests, refer back to this site and the Blind Review Method.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 7965 karma
    @braytsin said:
    I purchased all 3 bibles from Powerscore and all the exams.
    Would this be the best way to study?
    In a word ... No. In two words, skip Powerscore.

If you're dead set on October starting this late (and you don't need to be dead set on anything at this point), buy 7sage today and get started immediately. If I were you I wouldn't risk waiting on physical books being shipped and so get your PT's from Cambridge (PDF's). Follow the 7sage schedule and do your best. I fear that with only 11 weeks left, you're rushing yourself quite a bit, but 7sage would be the best way to avoid wasting the very small amount of time you have.

And I hope you can get a refund for those Powerscore books.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    And I hope you can get a refund for those Powerscore books.
    ^ This

Powerscore seriously just confused me more than anything when I first started studying. If I remember correctly, I think they advocate reading the stimulus first instead of the question stem, which is such an absolute waste of time imo.
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    My advice:

Work through the 7sage curriculum for 4-6weeks. Get it down pat.

Then take a practice test under simulated test day conditions. Go take a break, exercise, socialize, etc. The next day, blind review your test. Focus on learning at least one thing from every PT. Repeat this process 3 times a week. Refer back to the curriculum as necessary.

Good luck!
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @braytsin
    My advice to you is to study hard and take the exam when you are fully prepared. Less than three months may not be enough time to prepare adequately. Do not force-feed yourself PTs and drilling packets if you do not have the fundamentals down. I can speak from my own experience that it took me several months before I started to really understand the exam.