Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pushed my test date from Feb to April. Advice on study plan?

jomartin1jomartin1 Member
in General 28 karma

I began a non-7sage prep course in November with the intention of taking the February LSAT. As the course went on I found myself really stuck on LG. I have progressed since starting the course but still have not been able to move past the 3rd game in PTs or timed drills. My two most recent PTs were 160 and 152. Truth be told the course has not been as helpful as I was hoping it would be. Since getting access to 7sage videos I'm beginning to get a better hang on LG. Nonetheless I think I would greatly benefit from spending more time working on LG so I pushed my test date back. My course finishes in early February. I am intending to only use 7sage videos/material to prepare for the April test after my course is done. I guess my question is does anyone have any advice on how to proceed? Should I hold off on taking PTs and just focus on redoing logic games until the test date is closer? I also want to study in a way that is healthy and guards against burnout. Just trying to think about how to best approach the next four months. Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• JShepherdJShepherd Core Member
    73 karma

I received an LG study guide from one of the 7Sage teachers, and it included the technique quoted below for reducing average LG question time.

This technique helped me to reduce my average LG question time by over 40% within a 4 week period:

"By far the most important LG drill. The student should do a game, or set of games, timed and write down their score & time. Then, they should review it and take it again after watching the video explanation, and write down their score & time, and then repeating until its perfect. The next day, they should do it again and write down their score, repeating it until its perfect. After a week, they should do it again and write down the score & time, repeating it until its perfect. This game, or set of games, is now mastered and this exact process should be repeated with a new LG game, or set of LG games, using same method as before, and completing all the steps listed until this new game or set of games is mastered."

Hope this is helpful for you; good luck on April LSAT.

Cheers
    James

• ryan.lattavoryan.lattavo Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited January 2023 109 karma

jomartin1,

As JShepherd said, I'd continue to utilize the foolproof method for LG. Personally, I'd hold off on PT'ing until you feel really comfortable with LG. Depending on your goals, I'd wait until you can get close to, if not, perfect on any given set you tackle (from the ones we provide in the core curriculum!). Once you're hitting that (or have foolproofed to the max), I'd transition to PTs.

Also, you only mentioned LG in your post, but I'd also hold off on utilizing PTs until you've made it through our (or your other course's) range of LR/RC material as well. To me, PTs are a chance to test both your foundational skills + timed skills, but its almost sort of a waste to PT without having your foundational toolkit fully completed. PTs are limited, and so you want to make the fullest use of them as you can!

If you find yourself still stuck on LG after foolproofing, or are still confused as to how to proceed with studying itself, feel free to schedule a 30-minute consult with one of 7sage's expert tutors! They can spend some time diagnosing your issues and how we can help you work past them: https://calendly.com/7sage-tutoring/7sage-tutoring-free-consultation?utm_source=FCA_A

Feel free to respond to this comment too for more help.

Best,

Ryan

• sh.francissh.francis Core Member
    246 karma

are you redoing the 7sage curriculum for LG or just looking at the video explanations? The 7sage approach to LG i feel is quite different from the other test providers.