Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning to LSAT prep after 2.5 years

RobotArmsAptsRobotArmsApts Core Member
edited April 2023 in General 7 karma

Hi all

I'm diving back into the world of LSAT prep after an extended break since taking the flex in late 2020. For that test I mostly prepared with Khan Academy, though I also took an LSAT course a year prior during college. On that exam I scored a 166. I'm positive I aced LG, thought I was -1 or 2 in LR, and then lost my mind in RC; whatever other incorrect answers got me that score came on that section.

After the test, I joined the workforce with the intention of gaining experience, finding myself etc. before applying to law school. Somewhere along the line I decided I should go back and all-in on prep, as I want to improve upon that score and my chances of admittance at a T-14 Law School. Now I'm on 7sage, about to buy a subscription.

I'm posting here because I'm a bit overwhelmed at the task ahead of me, and am feeling some anxiety about being able to get back to the level I was at in 2020, much less surpass it like I'm hoping. It feels like I'm back at square one, at least until I do the dive and pick up on some old skills. Does anybody have similar experiences or suggestions, either on repreparing or general RC improvement?

Thank you

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

I think the best way to jump back in is to just take a PT and see what goes wrong. It will probably kick your shiny metal ass, but that's a good thing because it tells you where your soft spots are. Use that information to develop a targeted study plan and then get to work.

As far as RC specifically, it really depends. What were your exact struggles?

• RobotArmsAptsRobotArmsApts Core Member
    edited April 2023 7 karma

Thank you for the reply!

Re: first point, thanks for the reference, you just brought a smile to my face.

Re: second, I now realize this may have been a silly question to ask here, as it’s been too long for me to know exactly which question types I struggled with in my prep. But honestly, I don’t think there was a question type that did me in, rather the complex passages just lost me altogether. I struggled to even gather the main point, and even while studying. In the end those struggles were amplified under test conditions.

One of the things I attribute to the success I had in LG was that with limited material on khan academy, I was forced to do repeated drilling of the same problems, and I became adept to the general flow and tricks of the games. With RC, I don’t know that the same situation helps. So, I figure a larger catalog will be of benefit, but I have to figure out how to review more properly/understand passages that aren’t straight forward