Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

158 ---> 172

hannahtbird1hannahtbird1 Alum Member
edited September 2023 in General 26 karma

Just some motivation for those who are starting out - my initial diagnostic was 158, and I just scored 172 in my most recent PT. Here are my scores and dates:

24 Jul 158
26 Jul 161
01 Aug 166
03 Aug 168
08 Aug 169
09 Aug 170
28 Aug 173
05 Sep 169
06 Sep 172

I used
Khan Academy (in July at first)
PowerScore (August)
7Sage (September)

I switched to 7Sage from PowerScore because I found the explanations for the questions I got wrong either missing or incomplete, so I kind of had to just figure it out myself which I think has hindered my progress. Here's proof that you can do it!!!!!

Comments

• aalam0786aalam0786 Alum Member
    80 karma

Wow congrats !!! This is very motivating. How many hours did you study on a daily basis ? And do you have any specific tips for LR, I’m struggling a lot with LR. I get maybe -7 wrong to sometimes -5.

• coolpersonsyndromecoolpersonsyndrome Core Member
    15 karma

Proud of you! Well done.

• Sir DrewkedSir Drewked Alum Member
    14 karma

That is awesome! Thank you for keeping the motivation alive!

• kingston-1kingston-1 Alum Member
    54 karma

Amazing, congrats. Do you have any tips?

• hannahtbird1hannahtbird1 Alum Member
    edited September 2023 26 karma

@aalam0786 said:
    Wow congrats !!! This is very motivating. How many hours did you study on a daily basis ? And do you have any specific tips for LR, I’m struggling a lot with LR. I get maybe -7 wrong to sometimes -5.

Hey, thanks! I studied for about 2 hours a day about five days a week. One day I take a practice test, the next I review wrong answers and drill areas I got wrong. Honestly LR is also my worst area. Drilling is the only thing that has helped me. I also have a system where I use underline as like strikethrough for irrelevant or contextual stuff because it helps my eyes just skip over the words. I use yellow highlighter for premises, orange for conclusions. Hope that helps!

• hannahtbird1hannahtbird1 Alum Member
    26 karma

@abhinavmehra113 said:
    Amazing, congrats. Do you have any tips?

Hey, thanks! I find that switching days where one I do a PT and the next I make drill sets for questions I got wrong is working really well at the moment! Also the diagramming for LG is super important, I'd rather spend more time making a foolproof diagram as it saves time in the long run.

• c-tsai29c-tsai29 Core Member
    37 karma

You are awesome! Do you have any tips on RC?