Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whether to take October or not( Really need suggestions!!! :(

izzzzzzzzizzzzzzzz Alum Member

My situation: I have signed up for the October and November LSAT and plan to apply for this round. The thing is that I just decided to apply to law school this June, so I do not have much time to prepare for the LSAT and take the test. I have great Anxiety and only got accommodation 50% more time for the November test (I missed the deadline to apply for October. In my PT, I am now around 164 for normal timed tests, but because I constantly get distracted by my anxiety, if under the accommodation time, I am around 172. My parents and friends all suggested I take the test in October, just not put all chance into one test, but I am afraid my anxiety will make a mess in October, making it even below 160s. I am concerned some law school admission boards would concerned about score gaps if I got a better score in November. I actually took the LSAT in August, which was definitely a disaster because of my anxiety. It turns out to be 151. I am just afraid that the nightmare will happen again in October without accommodation. With more resting time and extended time, things definitely felt better from my end. But, all the people around me suggested I should take the October test. What would you recommend? I think the main concern for me is the score jumping if I messed up in October, or if I take then canceled will the admission board think that is a terrible grade and still consider it be a score jumping.

Comments

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    714 karma

If you can afford to wait until Nov, (as in deadlines), then do it then. No reason to subject yourself to the stress and trauma of Oct if you don't need to, right? BUT, if you don't like your score, you can always cancel it.

• laurengraves2001laurengraves2001 Core Member
    26 karma

It doesn't sound like there is any real benefit to take the October test. I would just take in November because you will have your accommodations for that test. It sounds like your practice exams are going great so hopefully you won't even need to take it again! Best of luck to you.

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    342 karma

Since Nov will likely give the best reflection of your score, take the Nov test. If you were to take Oct and got a significantly lower score than Nov, how would you explain the one-month increase. You also wouldn't want to give a hint re accommodation to the admissions folks. So take it when you can do your best.