Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Gen: 135 to 170

sxmm.erzsxmm.erz Live Member
in General 12 karma

Hi guys, I'm a first-generation student. I took a diagnostic the other day and scored 135 (without any prior studying). Although I've been feeling discouraged, I am giving myself 6 months before I take my first real LSAT. Is it possible to expect/score this high with this amount of time? Do you guys have any tips for self-studying?

Comments

• BrigiesbrechtBrigiesbrecht Alum Member
    edited November 2023 50 karma

I would say that it is completely possible. I have focused on drilling and deep diving into why I got each problem wrong and making note of specific types I get wrong. Watching YT videos and drilling has been my practice. I've gone from 142 on October 23, 2023 to today Nov 13, 2023 158. Even could have broken into the 160s today but second guessed myself on some questions *Edit - I also never knew anything about the lsat before I did the diagnostic. Didn't even know what types of questions were going to be asked

• csearen99csearen99 Live Member
    117 karma

I agree wth the above comment. The amount of time you spare for studying is really up to the individual. Some can study for over a year and only see +10 in improvment and some can study 3 months and score above 15+ points. Its really up to how much effort and discipline you can put yourself through and staying consistent. When I started studying back in July, my diagnostic was a 148 without any prior knowledge of the test. and after consistently studying and being disciplined, by september I was at 155. I definitely lost track and stopped working hard for a few weeks and declined a few points, but I easily got back into it and by my Nov test, I was scoring between 153-157 on PTs. I also could of broken 160s if I had a little bit more confidence in myself (that comes with more practice). That was without disciplined and rigorous studying because I got lazy and over it in October LOLLL. I basically went up 9 points within 4 months of on/off studying. So if you are able to be consistent and stay focused, it is definitely likely. My advice is to pay attention to your patterns and strategies, those can make or break how successful you are in specific section and do not get discouraged if you fluncuate, I had that happen when I restructured how I was doing RC. Once I started scoring better on RC, I started doing poorly on LR and had to switch up my studying. Unfortunately I did not have enough time to solidify that before my Nov Test. But ANYTHING is POSSIBLE with the healthy mindset and strength.

• yasminzinaryasminzinar Alum Member
    4 karma

Within one week studying on 7sage went from 141 to 148 I know it is awful LOL but it is one week only I am attending every online class I can and registered for Jan Lsat as it is my last attempt! I need to score 160+ I am feeling way more confident and will definitely make it a success story! Long story short do not give up!