Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage Tester Updated for the New LSAT!

Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited December 2023 in General 1338 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Exciting news! We've upgraded our testing platform to include the option to practice the newly structured August 2024 LSAT format (LR/LR/RC). Now, when you're taking a preptest, you can choose from the following versions:

• Legacy - The classic Preptest format (LG/LR/LR/RC).
  • Current - The modern, 3-section LSAT (LG/LR/RC), which will remain in use until June 2024.
  • August 2024 - The upcoming, revised LSAT format with double LR sections, set to become standard starting with the August 2024 exam.

We're thrilled to offer this enhancement to our platform, ensuring you have the most relevant and up-to-date tools for your LSAT prep no matter which version of the test you're targeting.

Warm regards,
The 7Sage Team

Comments

• Amazing LSAT VibesAmazing LSAT Vibes Core Member
    24 karma

Thank you!

• hokageeehokageee Live Member
    70 karma

when using the legacy version, how can we see which section was experimental?

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited November 2023 1513 karma

@hokageee said:
    when using the legacy version, how can we see which section was experimental?

Hi there,

If you take PrepTests 1 to 89 using the Legacy version please note that these tests are in the "old" style LSAT that has 4 scored sections (2 LRs, 1 RC, and 1 LG) and 1 experimental section. The experimental section is not included when these tests were released by LSAC so if you take all sections, all of those 4 sections will be scored.

PrepTests 90, 91, 92, 93 and 94 is in the modern LSAT format that has 3 scored section and 1 variable experimental section (can be either LR, RC, or LG). The variable experimental section is automatically excluded from your score.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• hokageeehokageee Live Member
    70 karma

@"Cherry - Student Service" I'm confused. Prior to the switch, we were able to see which section was experimental for prep tests. Not all exams had double LR? Is there a way to go back to the old version?

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1513 karma

@hokageee said:
    @"Cherry - Student Service" I'm confused. Prior to the switch, we were able to see which section was experimental for prep tests. Not all exams had double LR? Is there a way to go back to the old version?

Hi there,

PrepTests 1 to 89 have 4 scored sections (2 LRs, 1 RC, and 1 LG) when they were administered by LSAC. These are already the format for all of these tests prior to the changes in our Digital Tester. If you take all 4 sections, all sections will be scored.

However, there was previously an option to "Simulate Modern LSAT" and it will skip the second LR section which will not be scored following the format of the current LSAT where you get 1 LR, 1 LG, 1 RC and 1 experimental section that could either be LR, RC or LG. This is the same as choosing to take the test with the "Current" version. So if you want to take PrepTest 1 to 89 and only have 3 scored sections, you can choose the "Current" version.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

• BiscegliaBisceglia Live Member
    4 karma

Would it be more beneficial to do the Legacy version to maximize practice problems, assuming I'm taking the test before August? Or should I practice real life testing situations and focus on the modern version?

• Tyler Ann EberhartTyler Ann Eberhart Alum Member
    23 karma

This is fantastic! Thank you 7Sage Team!!

• emmasamsonemmasamson Core Member
    3 karma

@Bisceglia said:
    Would it be more beneficial to do the Legacy version to maximize practice problems, assuming I'm taking the test before August? Or should I practice real life testing situations and focus on the modern version?

Would also love input here!

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited November 2023 645 karma

@emmasamson @Bisceglia

It depends on how you'd like to practice. If you'd like to take 3 sections and see your score in modern format, you can use the "Current" option while taking a PT. If you'd like to get a better reflection of your abilities (as your score between 2 LRs may vary), it would be good to use "Legacy" and let the 7Sage system calculate your score given all 4 sections. This way, 7Sage analytics can accurately show your areas of weakness and help you better figure out where to target your studies.

• meowmeow99meowmeow99 Live Member
    edited November 2023 9 karma

Hi, what about the fourth section for Aug 2024, ie. an experimental LR/RC?

• gswtwin1gswtwin1 Live Member
    9 karma

I’m still not understanding why there’s a three-section LSAT being offered if the current LSAT still has four (3 scored sections + 1 experimental)