Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to take a PT w.o LG?

Ahlizah NelsonAhlizah Nelson Live Member
in General 7 karma

hi all,

how can i take a PT resembling what the august 2024 test will look like?

Comments

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    605 karma

Hi @"Lizah Nelson", we've made some updates to our digital tester. You can now take PrepTests 1-89 with two LR sections and one RC section—no Logic Games section! Just head to the Practice tab then select PrepTests in the main menu, click on a PrepTest, and when you're on the page, hit the drop-down menu next to the PrepTest number. Choose "August 2024 3-section LSAT (LR, LR, RC)" and you're all set!

You can learn more about the changes in our blog here: https://7sage.com/the-new-lsat/

Let us know if you have any questions!

• Ahlizah NelsonAhlizah Nelson Live Member
    7 karma

Thank you @"Mary - Student Service"
    Do you have any idea when this function will be available for preptets 90+ ?

• Sashell - Student ServiceSashell - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    255 karma

Hi @"Lizah Nelson",

Since PrepTests 90, 91, 92, 93, and 94 are in the modern/current LSAT format, which has 3 scored sections and 1 variable experimental section (can be either LR, RC, or LG), the LG section can't be removed from these tests because LSAC released it in such a way that one of the sections is experimental for either LR, RC, or LG.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

• shindavis16shindavis16 Core Member
    130 karma

@"Mary - Student Service" Has there been any updates on how they plan to score the 8/2024 test? Since it’s the first of its kind, is there a pulse on whether it will be scored exactly the same, more leniently or more strictly?
    I haven’t studied since I decided to wait for my kids to graduate high school 6 years ago, so it’s been a while and I want to attack this test aggressively. Do you have any suggestions? Is there any advantage to starting with the $69 per month option and upgrading as the test draws closer?
    Thanks in advance!

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    605 karma

Hi @shindavis16, no one outside of LSAC knows how the scoring will actually be done. LSAC only mentioned that starting August 2024, the LSAT format will consist of two scored Logical Reasoning (LR) sections, one scored Reading Comprehension (RC) section, plus one unscored section of either LR or RC. If you'd like to estimate your score, we do have a new score converter that you can use. You can find it here: https://7sage.com/new-lsat-score-converter/.

For students who are starting out, we recommend getting the Core subscription first, and as you get more knowledgeable about different lessons/sections, you can switch to a Live subscription.

To clarify, most of the live classes are intended as supplements to the Core Curriculum. It is targeted at students who have completed (or nearly completed) the Core Curriculum but are still working on mastering the material. While some of what we cover does review the essential lessons of the Core Curriculum, we are more focused on students who know the basics but want to improve from there.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns.