Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Collaborative Study Sessions — Sign-up Now!

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited March 21 in General 7286 karma

Update on 2024-03-21: we've ended this experiment and turned off the study session calendar. Thanks to everyone who came to a collaborative study session!**

Hey 7Sage,

I'm excited to announce free, on-demand, small-group study sessions! Every weekday, we're offering four sessions with ten slots each. The sessions are designed to be student-led—no 7Sage staff will be in the meeting—but we'll provide your group with a suggested activity.

Please note that the meetings will be recorded for the safety of all participants.

This is an experiment, and we’d love to hear your feedback.

Comments

• maxkrumanmaxkruman Core Member
    168 karma

I like this idea. I would be willing to sign up for a few small group sessions

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7286 karma

@maxkruman Great! I encourage you to book a small-group session.

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Live Member
    270 karma

this is great!! thank you 7sage!!

7286 karma

@il-legally-brunette , out of curiosity, which version of this idea is more appealing to you? Drop-in events on the live class calendar or the calendar to sign-up for small-group sessions?

• Arthurgreen2015Arthurgreen2015 Core Member
    5 karma

This is awesome! I look forward to working with others, especially on Inference, Must be true questions.

7286 karma

@Arthurgreen2015 Glad you might find this useful!

• cmjoseph13cmjoseph13 Core Member
    2 karma

New to this site. Taking the test in August. I hope that's enough hard work and time to score a 160 or better!!🫣🫣 Lol

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Live Member
    270 karma

@"David Busis" said:
    @il-legally-brunette , out of curiosity, which version of this idea is more appealing to you? Drop-in events on the live class calendar or the calendar to sign-up for small-group sessions?

For me, drop in events because if I have nothing planned for studying and need some motivation, I can join whenever. But I also think study groups are a great idea for a more planned group study!

7286 karma

@il-legally-brunette gotcha. Thanks for your input!

7286 karma

Update: I just increased the sign-up limit from 5 to 10 on the collaborative study session sign-ups. If you didn't see an open spot at the time you wanted to join, you should see one now.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14060 karma

@"David Busis" Great idea!

• necktie98necktie98 Live Member
    9 karma

I am trying to join the 3/4 RC drop in session. is there a reason why I am not being let in?

7286 karma

@necktie98 I'm sorry about that. Not sure what happened. I hope you eventually got in.

7286 karma

We had two great sessions recently—one at 9 p.m. last night and one at noon today. Both were through the our Calendar sign-up. We still have a few slots left for today (Tuesday, March 5)—I encourage you to snap them up!

7286 karma

Today's study session at noon ET still has a few slots open!

168 karma

Did you get rid of the drop in sessions?

7286 karma

@maxkruman we did, yes. They weren't working out. People showed up at different times and missed each other. The collaborative study sessions via the calendar have been going really well, though! We still have more slots today at 5:30, 7, and 9.

edited March 10 7286 karma

We still have spots open for tomorrow! Sign up here:

https://calendly.com/7sageassistant/collaborative-study-session?month=2024-03

7286 karma

Hi everyone! I consider this a successful experiment, and we're going to use what we learned to improve our site. In the mean time, I'm going to un-pin this post.

I'll leave the meeting calendar up, but as fewer people see the post, I expect more meetings to be unsuccessful. (Typically between a third to half of the people who sign up for a meeting don't end up showing up.) You are welcome to continue to use the calendar if you like.

Thank you!

168 karma

Yesterday I joined the 9pm one and no one else joined. I hope people start to take advantage of these because the best way to know if you understand the material is to be able to teach it to others

7286 karma

Hi everyone. This experiment has run its course, so I've canceled the Calendly event page and all remaining events. Thanks to everyone who participated! We're working on building a version of this feature right into our website.

I had planned on leaving the Calendly event page up and letting people continue to use it. The problem, though, is that once I "unpinned" this post from the forum, the events stopped receiving critical mass.

Roughly one out of every two sign-ups fail to show up for any given session. When this post became less visible, we got a lot of time slots with only two sign-ups. That resulted in a number of people showing up only to find themselves alone. Rather than leaving the experiment in limbo—and risking a lot of empty study sessions—I decided to pull the plug.

Thanks for your interest, everyone! If there is a groundswell of enthusiasm for this, I'll consider reviving it, but for the time being, the Calendly event is turned off.