Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6 month study plan from now to June

allan.koganallan.kogan Member
in General 64 karma
I have realized after taking a speedy prep course two times and feeling rushed, I was forced to move quickly and not be able to fully understand the fundamentals of logic. (Not hating on them it works for some people but did not work for me). I was advised to push back my test date from Dillon to June instead of February which is a sigh of relief for me because then there is no rush and its about 24 hours of studying per week which sounds awesome. I am learning the basic fundamentals for the 3rd time which kind of concerns me because I feel like maybe I am wasting time doing that? (But then again its really helpful to hear it from a different more methodology that 7sage provides. Obviously my 4 months of studying did not do me well because I only went from a 134 to a 146 and I want to get to the mid 160 range. I am repeater and obviously there is no April or May exam I get that it would be ideal to space out my studying to June especially since it will give me enough time to take around 40 prep tests within the given course curriculum for the next 6 months. I am also not worried about burning out because it would force me to study around 2-3 hours a day instead of 6-8 which I used to do... and proving myself wrong again that it also did not help and is not an ideal range of studying per day as 2-3 hours are. I just feel like the one thing that concerns me is the beginning stages of the course you can get through pretty quickly, so what happens if I finish week 1 earlier than next Wednesday (I started today). I don't want to move forward because then that would make me finish the course earlier which could make me finish a month before the June test or maybe even more who knows. What should I do if I was recommended to space my studies until June for this course and I have a week or even weeks where I finish the lectures quickly. Especially the beginning ones since I am familiar with them. Obviously I wont be ready by February because I cant imagine taking the course in a month and then the last month take 40 exams that would be terrible lol. Please help me ease my nerves! Sorry for the long reply. I just dont want to feel like I am not doing enough.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    A little common sense goes a long way dude. Go through the curriculum at whatever pace you choose, if you finish something quickly with full understanding then move on. Don't do all the problem sets because you want to save those for later during your PT phase to shore up your weaknesses. Just do enough to get familiar with the question type. Then since there are less than 40 weeks until June you can either scale down to 1-2 PTs per week as necessary, or you can do retakes. Just relax, forget the bad habits you have picked up and focus on the learning process. Take your time and gain a deep understanding and you'll be fine.