Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study schedule from now to the December test

goldmistgoldmist Member
in General 32 karma
Hey guys! Can anyone recommend an optimal study schedule from now up to the December test? I'm averaging 158 on my PTs and I am hoping for 165+. Is this a realistic goal?

I am on PT 45 right now and I hope to work up to the newest one. I understand that the December test is in less than a month-- should I try do a PT everyday (or would I burn out)? Or should I do a PT every other day and blind review/drill on the other days?

My weakest section is RC; I find that I rarely have the time to even read the last passage. Any tips?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @goldmist said:
    I am on PT 45 right now and I hope to work up to the newest one.
    Regardless of what your goal score is, THIS is certainly not realistic. That would require 6 PT's a week. Aim for a maximum of 3 PT's a week with solid BR.
  • goldmistgoldmist Member
    32 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Thanks for the response! So would you say that it's best to give yourself more time to BR and learn from the mistakes? Having said that, would it also help to frequently review the questions I have done incorrectly in the past?
  • diana1493diana1493 Alum Member
    78 karma
    What miss @nicole.hopkins said and I'll add that if you are dead set on December, I would focus on PT'ing the very newest tests, the 60s and 70s since you really can only get ~13 more PTs with BR in. I am also taking the December exam and am taking the 60s and 70s i have left and even retaking a couple of the 70s because they are subtly different and take some adjustment, imo.
    7965 karma
    @goldmist said:
    So would you say that it's best to give yourself more time to BR and learn from the mistakes?
    YES :D

@goldmist said:
    Having said that, would it also help to frequently review the questions I have done incorrectly in the past?
    It doesn't sound like you'll have time to do this if you're trying to take it in December. And once you've really learned from a Q ... Why would you repeat it? Learn fully first, and then move on.

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just do 2-3 PTs from 60+ (no need to do them in order) every week and spend a lot of time on your BR because that's where the deep learning and pattern recognition happens. I wouldn't bother going back at this point, just tighten up your game moving forward.
    32 karma
    Thanks for all the input guys, hearing this took the weight off my shoulders to rush through studying!
    7965 karma
    @goldmist said:
    hearing this took the weight off my shoulders to rush through studying!
    That's what we're here for!

Well @Pacifico is also here for the free espresso martinis.
  • Elle2015Elle2015 Alum Member
    198 karma
    I'm in a similar position, but I haven't finished the 7sage curriculum yet so I plan to do that and then begin (again) with practice tests next week. I'm afraid of burnout, but I also want to do as many as possible and I don't burn out easily. If I feel tired or annoyed, I'll do fewer PTs but if I feel happy and am having fun with it, I'll do more. I think it's very important to stay in tune with how I'm feeling (mental fatigue really hurts my performance on this test). I haven't done the newer tests (71-75) so I plan to spread those out across November as well as some of the older ones (pre-50), which I also haven't used. Before I started 7sage, I had been PTing high 160s-mid 170s. I feel like my biggest issues are timing and LG, so I hope to do between 2-5(perhaps 6) PTs a week. I know it's a lot, but I rarely have much to do in terms of BR (as I tend to miss questions due to rushing/misreading) and I want to build my confidence and familiarity with the test by exposing myself to as many LSAT questions as possible. I think familiarity will help me get faster.

If your weakest section is RC, I would suggest adding a 5th section of RC to all of the PTs you're doing. Perhaps redo previous tests RC sections (so when you do PT 45 add on to it the RC section from PT 1 or one that was particularly challenging for you).
    7965 karma
    @Elle2015 said:
    I'm afraid of burnout, but I also want to do as many as possible and I don't burn out easily.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    not a GIF... therefore invalid...
    32 karma
    @Elle2015 said:
    I would suggest adding a 5th section of RC to all of the PTs you're doing.
    Thanks for the tip! Good luck on studying for the December test too! In terms of mental fatigue, from other's advice, I've found that meditating during study breaks really helps. I've youtubed some guided meditations and found this one to be extremely helpful: