Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling

itsashleyitsashley Alum Member
in General 5 karma

What exactly is the differnence between using a prep test for drilling vs. prep?

Comments

• omeranwaromeranwar Live Member
    9 karma

From what I know both are technically preparing you for the test. Drilling is just when people do questions untimed and preptests is when you do it when the time constraint

• joecool702joecool702 Alum Member
    22 karma

I see drilling as really perfecting a technique or question type that you can then apply on a PT. Drilling is like a fighter practicing a certain move and PTs are like a sparring match, they both serve a different purpose. Drilling for me is helpful to really key in on issues I'm having, such as with a certain type of problem like LR Weakening or RC Science. You can do different types of drills, such as speed drills, to really nail down things like timing and what to look for specifically. If you find yourself hitting a score plateau while taking PTs, like I did, try looking up some different types of drills you can do and try to complete them in the target time.

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Core Member
    275 karma

@joecool702 said:
    I see drilling as really perfecting a technique or question type that you can then apply on a PT. Drilling is like a fighter practicing a certain move and PTs are like a sparring match, they both serve a different purpose. Drilling for me is helpful to really key in on issues I'm having, such as with a certain type of problem like LR Weakening or RC Science. You can do different types of drills, such as speed drills, to really nail down things like timing and what to look for specifically. If you find yourself hitting a score plateau while taking PTs, like I did, try looking up some different types of drills you can do and try to complete them in the target time.

ditto! For me PT = assess where I'm at if I were to take the real deal right now. Drilling = mastering skills for specific question types

• 120392054902912120392054902912 Core Member
    88 karma

Try to use older PTs for drilling if you intend to drill (say for rapid LG improvement) and saving newer PTs (85+) exclusively for use as full practice tests as your exam date nears.

• nellhopkins858nellhopkins858 Free Trial Member
    1 karma

Thanks for answering, I also want to know it.