Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From 140 to 160 possible?

bowen chenbowen chen Core Member
in General 5 karma

Hey guys! I'm from a non-English speaking country and my first diagnostic test was 142. The major problem is that I cannot finish the test with such a short period of time. I've already received an LLB from my home country and it's totally possible for me to do lsat well in my first language. So English vocabulary seems like the biggest barrier for me. I'm kindly inquiring are there any ways to increase my vocabulary in 6 months and is it possible for me to get a 160+ last eventually?

Comments

• rileyscriv26rileyscriv26 Alum Member
    40 karma

Common advice I hear for even English native speakers is get subscriptions to things like The Economist. This will get you ready for tricky RC and just get you used to studying tough vocab. I would also just say to drill questions until you get used to the vocab. My diagonstic was a 142 and within 2 months I hit 157. I am an English native, so its not totally relatable, but its doable.

• jc333333jc333333 Live Member
    97 karma

I had a diagnostic of 143 back in October and my highest PT to date is a 163. Definitely possible!

• imtryinggggggimtryingggggg Core Member
    77 karma

@jc333333 how were you able to increase your score? Did you do practice tests or drills?

• jc333333jc333333 Live Member
    97 karma

@imtryingggggg I went through the core curriculum first and foremost but also made sure that I was drilling each concept to make sure I was understanding what I was learning. I try to take a prep test once a week since I also work full time.

• nmoyer1982nmoyer1982 Live Member
    90 karma

My diagnostic was about 148, scored a 166 on the LSAT. For English vocab, perhaps you could try SAT vocabulary lists, maybe even GRE.