Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What can I study on my commute?

cikowskimcikowskim Core Member

I'm studying while working full-time. I take the train to work and it's about 35 minutes both ways. Any recommendations on what I can do during this time?

I'm usually standing on a full train so writing anything is out of the question, but anything I could read or listen to that could help?

Comments

• maxglynn01maxglynn01 Core Member
    9 karma

When I had my commute I would practice reading comp. Find interesting and/or completely uninteresting articles and just practice going paragraph by paragraph and really comprehending. Honestly its good practice learning how to tune everything else out during the commute

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Live Member
    655 karma

1. Do LSAT
    If you don't want to go all in and answer questions on your commute, you can still practice. Some examples:
    - LR question skills practice- focus on identifying premises and conclusion, type of flaws in the argument
    - read RCpassage- 35 minutes is enough time to read a passage (identify main point, structure, viewpoints) and do the main point question
    2. Read
    -core curriculum and their discussions, you can learn a lot from comments left by others, focus on areas you struggle with
    -outside nonfiction reading material (books/articles), make reading a habit, build up your schema in the main RC topics (law, social sciences, natural sciences, and humanities), I like to focus on the areas I find more challenging to read
    -LSAT blogs- 7Sage, Powerscore, Manhattan Prep
    3. Listen to LSAT Podcasts.
    This is my favorite commute activity. I follow several LSAT podasts.
    My top 3:
    -7Sage
    -JD LSAT & Admissions
    -Powerscore
    4. Review notes and wrong answer journal

There are many other things you can do. As you go further along in your studies, you'll come up with more ideas. I hope this list can help you get started. Good luck!

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    324 karma

I usually make my own recordings on my phone. I have recordings of how to negate conditional statements, for example, "all dogs have four legs." (answer: some dogs do not have four legs or at least one dog doesn't have four legs). I record the flaws (examples and explanations). These are some of the things you could listen to on your commute.