Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realistic improvement by June?

sgoldsmith7sgoldsmith7 Live Member
in General 740 karma

Hey guys! So for reference, I took the LSAT the first time last November without much studying (I work full-time and am in school) and got a 159. Most of my PTs last year were in 156-159 range, with highest being 163 on 93. Well, I just finished the CCv1 yesterday, and took a PT this morning (60) and got a 165 before BR. My goal is to get a 169 or higher on my test in June. I missed 2 on one LR and 4 on the other, with -5 on games (game 3 was AWFUL) and -7 on RC bc I ran out of time for last two passages. Do you think I can improve to a 169 or higher in two months??

Comments

• bukaokoyebukaokoye Live Member
    121 karma

Depends. How consistent is your LR score? If you can figure out how to consistently get LG to -1 or -2, RC to -5, and LR to -2 in less than a month and a half, then I think your chances of scoring a 169 in June are high. LG is easiest to get down: do as much foolproofing of games as you possibly can, from PTs 1-35. RC may be doable if you are willing to put in the work. I would suggest doing at least 2 passages a day until maybe the week of the June test and then you'll just do passages you've already seen before for confidence building. Going from -4 to -2 on LR will require really looking at your analytics and drilling those question types that you are dropping. Have you checked that out? What are your worst question types? For every PT you take from now on, try to make a habit of implementing a strategy for attacking those questions on LR that give you issues, whether that is NA, PSA, or whatever. Also, check out the explanation videos JY makes for the relevant question. I hope what I'm saying here makes sense. If not, PM me.

• sgoldsmith7sgoldsmith7 Live Member
    740 karma

thank you for all the advice!! i think lg is where i can definitely improve easily. reading comp has been better lately, like -4 to -5 I think it's just bc i ran out of time. my BR for this one ended up being a 174 so i'm hopeful that i can get my time and games under control! :)

• sgoldsmith7sgoldsmith7 Live Member
    740 karma

thank you for all the advice!! i think lg is where i can definitely improve easily. reading comp has been better lately, like -4 to -5 I think it's just bc i ran out of time. my BR for this one ended up being a 174