Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving test from June to August

daanishbhatti32daanishbhatti32 Core Member
in General 46 karma

Hello everyone,

I am considering changing my test from June to August. I have been scoring in the low 160's and would like to score in 165-170. My highest PT was a 165. I have taken about 15 practice tests. Logic Games is my best section but not by that much, usually 4-6 questions are missed on average.

Given other posts and listening to some podcasts, it seems that the obvious choice is to push to August. In other words, if not achieving a goal score in PTs, push it to a later date.

I am hesitant about changing from June to August because I'd really like to just give the LSAT a go and see how it turns out. I know it seems naive, but I've been studying for 3-4 months and feel like I finally have the momentum to try it. Additionally, I don't know if I'll be able to mantain the same schedule that has allowed me to improve thus far.

I think I would be comfortable taking it again in August. Please let me know what you guys think and happy to answer any follow-up questions in the comments. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and guidance, it does mean a lot.

Comments

• srode316srode316 Core Member
    23 karma

Personally, I would recommend taking both if you have the time/means! I took it for the first time in January knowing I was 100% going to take it again. Having had the test day experience has made me feel more confident in myself and allowed me to figure out what I struggle with most (for me, that's mental endurance- not a problem in my PTs, but definitely something in the actual test)! Plus, I feel way better knowing that theoretically I could apply to schools, even if it's not the score I want.

• eemonghasemeemonghasem Core Member
    38 karma

take it in june - you've got this

• alexandragracealexandragrace Live Member
    51 karma

Hi! I actually have a very similar situation, so I resonate with you! I decided to ditch the June test when I realized my weakness was LG. Whatever the reason may be for you, its still worth noting that if you aren't consistently scoring in a place where you'd be happy to receive a real LSAT score, I don't think you should waste a test. Needless to say, if you do go for June, give it your all! I think from what you're saying though, it might be better to just continue your studying until August when you're scoring closer to your ceiling. Hope this helps!