Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Resources to improve in logic generally? - 7Sage Forum

Resources to improve in logic generally?

rjsongrjsong Core Member
in General 39 karma

In the new LR curriculum, JY mentions the importance of thinking about the mode of reasoning before going into the answer choices. I know the basic modes of reasoning that we covered in depth (part to whole, cost-benefit, etc) but later in the video lessons, he mentions specific ones (trade-offs, unintended negative consequences, interdependence) that he only touches on when discussing the answer choices. For the harder questions with less common modes of logic, I find myself struggling with putting these modes of reasoning into words which makes it harder to see flaws/analogous arguments, so does anyone have any resources that can help me get familiar with them? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• beyondpossumbeyondpossum Live Member
    89 karma

These videos were helpful for me back in the day

The channel has a couple logic playlists

• spittingnickelsspittingnickels Live Member
    184 karma

A System of Logic by John Stuart Mill literally reads like an lsat prep book. I think it was written in the 1800s but it basically provides every mode of Logic you could possibly need for the lsat. It gives more formal names to the concepts you'd hear in the core curriculum from 7sage or the concepts you'd read in a powerscore book. It's excellent, and written by arguably one of the greatest philosophers in the western canon