Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7sage Confessional

nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
edited July 2015 in General 7965 karma
Just for fun ...

... What are your little 7sage secrets? Or 0L/LSAT secrets more broadly? Come on, DISH!

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 7965 karma
    I'll start ...

Whenever I "picture" myself and my LSAT study as if it were a music video (yeah so first confession is that I do this), this is the song that always plays as the BG to the LB*-style montage:

*Legally Blonde, duh ...
  • Julia LJulia L Alum Member
    edited July 2015 354 karma
    I am secretly happy to retake the LSAT in October, because I knew I wasn't ready for June, and now I get a second chance at perfecting my logic skillz. I am also excited to take my first PT after a decent break... and at the same time I know I'll be pulling my hair out very soon. It's kind of an abusive relationship.
    7965 karma
    @"Julia L" said:
    now I get a second chance at perfecting my logic skillz
    YEAH! You've got the right attitude. This is inspiring for me. You have the opportunity to outperform your previous best. To know you haven't maxed out and can do better—that's a potential source of great strength and determination. Oh and ... BR Groups are a fun way to blow off some LSAT steam while keeping the momentum up :)
    354 karma
    thanks @nicole.hopkins, that's super encouraging!
    354 karma
    also i totally get putting things like the LSAT to video/music montage :)
    7965 karma
    Your retake/redemption story made me think of this:

Be this little guy! First time was a little "nyeeehh" ... second time ... "HEAR ME ROAR!"
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    Lmao this is epic, but my secret 7sage confession is once I am finished with a 10hr shift at work and I am dead tired, I put on motivational videos for like 30mins to get me fired up to study. I also talk to myself when I start to get depressed from not getting a question right lmaoo.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    I picture myself as Rocky Balboa and LSAT as my competitor. Every question I solve is a jab to crushing my competitor. Sometimes Rocky's theme song melody would come to my mind when I just killed LG. I felt that I sound so aggressive.
    7965 karma
    @goalis180 said:
    I also talk to myself when I start to get depressed from not getting a question right lmaoo.
    Self-talk is KEY! Utterly indispensable. Always talk to yourself as you would a dear friend whom you esteem highly and cherish. Because ... well ... you are worth esteem and cherishing!
    @goalis180 said:
    once I am finished with a 10hr shift at work and I am dead tired, I put on motivational videos for like 30mins to get me fired up to study
    Methinks we need a "motivational videos" thread (or sub-forum???). What vids do you watch? ... bonus points for "guilty pleasure" vids (like, you know, Shia's speech or Rocky's jog ...). Also ... yes ... that is epic.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    True Life: My enjoyment for writing explanations to LR questions on the forums is either wildly emotional or excessively impractical (but which one?....)

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Sometimes when I'm done work, I'll peek at the 7Sage forums just 'cause you're all so interesting to interact with.
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    wildly emotional or excessively impractical
    Either way, it's certainly NOT all vagrant fancies of an undisciplined mind!!
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" Dude. You're a boss. JY and Alan did such a great job in hiring you. Having to keep the peace with all of us LSAT fiends is no small task. :)
    2398 karma
    Haha @nicole.hopkins, I guess that's the only standard I'm striving to meet.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @ENTJ said:
    Dude. You're a boss. JY and Alan did such a great job in hiring you. Having to keep the peace with all of us LSAT fiends is no small task. :)
    Wtf, you guys are too nice to me. <3
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    The morning of the June test, I stood in front of my laptop and danced/lip synced to Pretty Girl Rock, Love on Top, and Super Bass. I then turned on Chopin, closed my eyes, and visualized a perfect testing experience while chanting various motivational phrases.
  • Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    edited July 2015 813 karma
    When I get between -4 to -0 on a section i dance around my room for a bit and give a high five to myself looking in the mirror
  • eastringeastring Alum Member
    109 karma
    TBH I sometimes get intimidated by the smartness of people on this forum and wonder if I'm not smart enough whenever I feel that I'm not making as much or fast progress as people claim here. At the same time I feel inspired to work harder and catch up haha. Hopefully my hard work will pay off soon and I'll be able to join the crowd celebrating the greatness of LSAT:)
    7965 karma
    @Riju2015 said:
    When I get between -4 to -0 on a section i dance around my room for a bit and give a high five to myself looking in the mirror
    I've read about the power of positive association with success—getting yourself kinetically involved can help reinforce those pathways that got you there! So you are a GENIUS perhaps without knowing it!
    7965 karma
    @eastring said:
    TBH I sometimes get intimidated by the smartness of people on this forum and wonder if I'm not smart enough whenever I feel that I'm not making as much or fast progress as people claim here.
    Yeah. There's a lack of transparency in the LSAT world. A good number of us here are trying to combat that. A good way to help yourself in this regard is to become study buddies with others (through the "add study buddy" functionality) so you can see what others' course of study looks like, at least in terms of PT scores (which are not the full story).
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just like in life, everyone is just pretending to have their shit together...some may actually have it more together than others, but nobody really has it all together...
  • Gia_HenryGia_Henry Alum Member
    94 karma
    I cry, a lot. LSAT 50, Gia 5.
    It has been an incredible 2 months of study. I have made great strides, but the frustration level is intense. My drive to succeed is too great to quit.
    354 karma
    @nicole.hopkins yessss goat screaming for the LSAT win!!!
  • ellie1991ellie1991 Alum Member
    237 karma
    I imagine a building with my name on it. Not a gigantic building, but a modest renovated old Victorian home of which to run my private practice out of. Imagining a life of being part of Gideon's army, "not into big corporate law and such", you know, representing those who are in need of help from someone with a brilliant mind, one that cares about the little guys.
    Then I realize that I'm a first generation college grad, nearing 30, primary custodial parent of a 10 year old daughter, and working fulltime hours between two part time jobs; attempting to keep his sanity.
    Que emotional/inspirational piano tune* ...
    Yeah, I can see that building.. I won't be a rich or famous attorney, but I'll be that attorney with the old Victorian just off of main street; the one who came from nothing, conquered the LSAT, and best of all, not afraid to take a case.
  • cacrv567cacrv567 Alum Member
    edited August 2015 171 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Either way, it's certainly NOT all vagrant fancies of an undisciplined mind!!
    I'm not sure if I'm sad or happy I understand that reference
    2398 karma
    @cacrv567 HAPPY!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I'm secretly already a lawyer and just pretend to take PTs so I can meet new people on the Internet
    7965 karma
    @bishoplaw said:
    Not a gigantic building, but a modest renovated old Victorian home of which to run my private practice out of.
    Twinsies!
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I'm secretly already a lawyer and just pretend to take PTs so I can meet new people on the Internet
    Jeez I knew it ...
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    @cacrv567 HAPPY!
    I for one am wildly emotional about it.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    edited August 2015 844 karma
    I am Harvey Spector and I want to crush the LSAT that I've already crushed long time ago. I think this sounds crazier than yours. hahaha
    @Pacifico said:
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    Everyday I daydream about getting accepted into a top law school and being able to tell my parents and friends what I've accomplished
    edited August 2015 7965 karma
    @lsatblitz said:
    Everyday I daydream about getting accepted into a top law school and being able to tell my parents and friends what I've accomplished
    I think we can all +1/upvote/like this :)