Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Struggling to get to 160

CylenawintersCylenawinters Live Member
in General 12 karma

I've been studying for quite a while (since May but seriously since August ) and though in the beginning I made great stride with practice test score improvement, I am now a an impasse with progression. Ive read the LR bible, Loophole and LSAT trainer and i feel like a dunce. I cannot get to 160, does anyone have advice on getting past the wall of no improvement?

Comments

• b.oshbarkerb.oshbarker Core Member
    29 karma
    1. Drill: look at your analytics and the specific question types you're doing the worst with. Drill those until you consistently get -1/-0 on a medium difficulty. Then work on the same question types on a higher difficulty. I would seriously recommend not taking another PT until you feel you've mastered every question type.

2. Speed: On LR the first 15 questions or so will be majority 2-3 star questions so work on finishing those within the first 15-17 minutes so that the remaining 4-5 star questions can be worked out with more precision and confidence. The same can be said for RC. Try and finish the first 2 passages in 15-17 minutes so the remaining and more difficult two passages can be read more thoroughly.

3. Do less: This seems counterintuitive, and I'm speaking purely from personal experience, but I went from trying to take 2 PT's a week, BR them, log all the wrong answers, and drill and I found this not only to be draining, but kind of hindering. I reduced by studying to 1 PT a week, BR, logging, and maybe drilling for an hour or two 1-2 days a week and I've seen significant improvement since then. The LSAT is exhausting and your plateau can very well be caused by burnout if you are putting too much time into it.

• CylenawintersCylenawinters Live Member
    12 karma

Thank you, this is actually so helpful cause i feel like I have been over doing it. I've been doing 3-4 PTs a week and aimless drilling 5-6 hours a day.

• ejaswal29ejaswal29 Live Member
    2 karma

in the same boat as you.. taking the november lsat. i keep going down and realized im taking too many practice tests without understanding why i keep messing up. hoping to fix that and get it together lol. best of luck!!!!!!

• Kemely NapolesKemely Napoles Live Member
    2 karma

im in the same boat im at 157 and my test is in November so close!! i took a few days off now im getting back into it and I see improvement.

• faith19801faith19801 Live Member
    10 karma

Something that's helped me improve a lot lately is going back to the basics and making sure I REALLY understand conditional reasoning. I redid the section about conditional and set logic and didn't move on until I really understood it. I also watched YouTube videos about it.
    After that, I drilled conditional reasoning, necessary assumption, and sufficient assumption until I would get at least 80% or greater every time.

• liana.stbernardliana.stbernard Live Member
    2 karma

Thanks for this thread and sharing your stories!

• Aks_ZenMasterAks_ZenMaster Live Member
    38 karma

In the same boat! I feel like my score hasn't gone up and has only come down in the last month. Got a 158 and now am getting 156 on the last 3 PT's I took. I'm starting to do only 1 PT a week at least for this week and focusing more on drilling/patterns in the question types and answers.