Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inconvenient test location!!!

cacrv567cacrv567 Alum Member
in General 171 karma
I just went on to lsac to see if my preferred testing location was still available, and it is not even an option, which means that the next closest test location would be an hour drive from where I live! Is this a normal occurrence?? There are about six testing sites about 40ish miles from where I live - I don't get why they couldn't spread out a few of these in my city! Is there anyway I can protest the LSAC and demand they open another testing location? That morning is going to be a disaster if I have to take the test there ugh.

Comments

• cacrv567cacrv567 Alum Member
    171 karma
    I found the steps to take the test at a non published center but that's an option only if you're more than 100 miles from a published center. I guess I just have to get up like 3 hours earlier that day yikes
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    A friend of mine who wrote his LSAT last Oct also had a long drive from his home to the test location. What he ended up doing was renting a motel room close to the test location because he didn't want to wake up super early and/or encounter any issues while driving to the location. Murphy's law: Assume that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    It's totally normal...I'm 45 minutes to my closest location and an hour to the next one after that... I'm just going to get a hotel room close by for the night before but that's more to avoid hanging out with two crying babies all night...
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Yea I ended up driving 35 minutes to my testing location when I sat for the exam; I'm lucky that in October it's only 10 minutes away. But I think it's pretty common to try to find a cheap hotel in the area for the night before your test if you have to drive a long way, so at least consider that. You'll want to try to minimize your test day stress as much as possible.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    I'm also about 35-40 minutes away from my testing location. This was mainly my fault though, procrastinated on registering and the location 10 minutes from my house ended up being fully booked.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    You might check Airbnb as well, if cost is an issue. But really, it might be nice to be in a hotel the night before the test ... Distractions etc at home eliminated, and the whole thing might be more of a fun adventure that way!
  • cacrv567cacrv567 Alum Member
    171 karma
    Oh yeah, great ideas. Definitely going to treat myself on Friday- thanks!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @cacrv567 said:
    treat myself on Friday
    TREAT YOSELF. Go somewhere with room service and turndown. Or go somewhere cheap and get yourself some food delivered. No booze ... That's what Saturday night will be for :)