Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question on basics you need to memorize

2RARE2CARE2RARE2CARE Member
in General 248 karma
Hey guys, I am trying to compile a list of all the "basics" I need to memorize. For example, Succ/Necc/NegSuf/NegNec/... the different flaws, specific rules, all the way question types can be asked... to study when I am on the road or can't really sit and focus on doing individual question types. I want to learn all them by heart and need some help to create a master list! I will also share, of course. Thanks!

Comments

• lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    some/many/most. fFor example, when you have a some and a most premise, you need to know when you CAN combine suff+suff, or suff+nec, etc. in order to come up with the correct conclusion. A question that involves this is the "Most serious students are happy" LR question
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If you go to the main forum page there is a study guide category with some great materials already made there to work off of.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    The 4 possibilities for causation/correlation ...

1) A causes B
    2) B causes A
    3) C causes both A and B
    4) No relationship
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @2RARE2CARE said:
    all the way question types can be asked...
    I wouldn't get too worked up on this one ... they're always introducing new wordings for QT's. Going through sections (like one of the PT's used for PS/drilling) and ID'ing QT's should be enough to practice this.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Valid and Invalid Arguments

Affirming the sufficient triggers
    Denying the necessary triggers
    Denying the sufficient renders irrelevant and rule falls away
    Affirming the necessary renders irrelevant and rule falls away

• 2RARE2CARE2RARE2CARE Member
    248 karma
    Thanks people! <3
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Also, knowing all of the valid and invalid argument structures will be really helpful. Have to know these cold.