Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 55+

The MooseThe Moose Alum Member
in General 72 karma
Hey guys I would like you all to give me some insight into my situation. I've been taking full length pretests #39-45 beginning this month and my scored ranged from 165-172, 172 being the last of the set. Then this week I decided to switch over to the newer PT, 55-58 specifically and all of a sudden by score dropped to low 160's with me running out of time on almost every section. Any possible explanations for this? I feel like logical reasoning is kicking my butt on these newer exams. Planning to complete PT's 59-73 before the October exam. I hope I'm not burning out, been doing PT either everyday or every other day.

Comments

• NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited September 2015 1654 karma
    I don't see how you expect to take 14+ PTs within 2 and a half weeks and do a thorough BR without burning yourself out. The LSAT is a marathon, not a sprint. There's a reason why people spread out PTs over several months instead of taking one every single day. Blind review is just as important, if not more important than taking the actual PTs. Test-takers should be doing light prep and relaxing these last two weeks, not taking a PT every day. That's ludicrous, if you ask me. December might be a better option, but that is for you to decide of course. LSAT prep is not designed to be rushed.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    I don't see how you expect to take 14+ PTs within 2 and a half weeks and do a thorough BR without burning yourself out.
    This is true. You might want to skip a couple of PT's and go straight to the more recent ones.
    I do 3 Pt's a week, and even with that amount it's hard to BR properly. I'm hoping to crunch at least another 5 Pt's by the time the test rolls around. 14+ pts by then would be a crazy amount of work! That's basically 2 pts a day which would lead to burn out.

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"The Moose" said:
    I feel like logical reasoning is kicking my butt on these newer exams.
    You're just not used to it. If I were you I would get on our BR calls coming up (71-75).

Oh, and ...

That's a damn lot of tests to do in a short amount of time. Rest is just as (if not more) important as practice. You can't rush this test but you CAN burn yourself out in the process of attempting to do so.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2015 2398 karma
    December may be a wiser option for you. Just taking test after test will not lead to a higher score for you if you do not spend a sufficient amount of time reviewing them. What you are doing by just taking tests every day (or multiple tests per day as it has been suggested in an alternate thread) is merely looking for the satisfaction of seeing a higher score, but you're not getting all you can out of them if you never take time for introspection. You have to learn from your practice tests, not just take them.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    is merely looking for the satisfaction of seeing a higher score
    And I want to add ... You likely won't see higher scores by doing what you're doing without doing what Corey's talking about (and without sufficient rest).

It just doesn't work that way above the 165+ threshold.
  • The MooseThe Moose Alum Member
    72 karma
    Just wanted to thank you guys for the advice. Took a week off and and restarted my prepping a few days ago and my score is now in the lower 170s. Burnout is real. I've decided to sit for the October and continue studying for the December exam.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @"The Moose" said:
    I've decided to sit for the October
    Best wishes Moose!