Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fastest way to fill in bubbles

sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
in General 374 karma
I know it's in the category of ridiculous questions. Now let's get to business. No one likes to waste time filling in bubbles. And for ADHD + OCD perfectionists like myself, when we read "make sure it's perfectly filled in," we make damn sure it's filled in perfectly, wasting precious seconds on the clock.

So, does anyone know how perfect it needs to be before the scantron reading machine thingy fucks it up? If I leave an imperfect stray mark outside the circle am I finished?

And, does anyone have any strategies for colouring quicker? (if you noticed the U in colour it's because us Canadians spell it the correct way lol) Do you start with the outside ring and work your way in?

And yes, I already bought those tri-conderoga pencils.

Comments

• jacobkuppjacobkupp Alum Member
    25 karma
    Start with the outside and work in, and use a pencil that's not as sharp, the blunter point will help fill it in quicker
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    It doesn't need to be perfect. Mine weren't perfect in June and I didn't have any trouble. Try not to get too hung up on it. When you get your score back you will get a copy of your scantron. You can compare your answers on the scantron to what LSAC marked on your item response report. If they don't match up you can request that they hand grade your test. Just bubble them in as well as you can while also going fast.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    I didn't know we could request a recount...is this like a "hanging chads" situation?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @allergic said:
    If they don't match up you can request that they hand grade your test. Just bubble them in as well as you can while also going fast.
    Sage advice here!
    7965 karma
    @nye8870 said:
    is this like a "hanging chads" situation?
    Yes and you, too can become president using this approach.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    LOL gotta love Fla!
    7965 karma
    reminds me of ...

• lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Just use a pencil with a blunt tip.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @lpadr009 said:
    Just use a pencil with a blunt tip.
    As in, a pencil that isn't afraid to tell you like it really is..? Got it.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    bubble in answers all at once, page by page, 2pages....?
  • moocow314moocow314 Alum Member
    edited October 2015 140 karma
    @nanchito I bubble after each question I complete. I think it would be more confusing, error-prone and time-consuming to bubble in after ever page or every few problems.
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    edited September 2015 246 karma
    @nanchito This close to the test, I think you should just do it however you did it on your practice tests. But if you were just starting out, or you took all your PTs without filling in bubble sheets, (I hope you didn't do that) I would recommend filling in the bubble for each question individually when you answer it.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    For those who aren't testing Saturday, I highly recommend bubbling page by page. It is much faster than doing it question by question, and gives you a good chance to take stock of timing as well. I used to do question by question and would consistently end up with bubbling issues of all varieties. After @nicole.hopkins recommended the page by page method I picked it up and never looked back and I feel like it pays dividends across the board.