Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Manhattan LR and LSAT trainer

HarvetteHarvette Alum Member
in General 52 karma
I just got both books but I believe I won't have much time to go through both by the December LSAT. Which one would you recommend I keep?

Comments

• mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
    368 karma
    Trainer.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Trainer. Mike Kim started Manhattan but the Trainer is like his masterpiece after years of work. I wouldn't say burn the Manhattan like I would for Barron's/PS/PR but I'd find an alternate use for it... Like a booster seat for your kids someday... Or comically large paperweight made out of paper...
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Yeah if you had to pick one, go all out for the trainer. The way he addresses flaws is worth the time and money itself.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    While I would definitely give LSAT Trainer a higher priority (because it is the gold standard for learning how to read for reasoning structure and how to find flaws in arguments), Manhattan LR and RC are also pretty good books. I found their LR book explained some concepts far better than 7Sage or LSAT Trainer. Their RC is an interesting, if not useful for me, approach that may work for some students. But if time is short, you can do no better than LSAT Trainer.
  • DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma
    Additionally - what are thoughts on The Blueprint for LSAT Logic Games?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Harvette said:
    Which one would you recommend I keep?
    Really easy, unequivocal answer to this question: The Trainer.
    7965 karma
    @DByrne07 said:
    The Blueprint for LSAT Logic Games?
    skip
  • DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma
    Thanks Nicole!
  • schyler.coxschyler.cox Alum Member
    152 karma
    Can we add Kaplan to the list of books we would gladly rip apart and toss to a fiery death in a huge bonfire?
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @schyler.cox said:
    Can we add Kaplan to the list of books we would gladly rip apart and toss to a fiery death in a huge bonfire?
    Omg I started prepping with Kaplan and it was the worst.
  • schyler.coxschyler.cox Alum Member
    152 karma
    @harrismegan said:
    Omg I started prepping with Kaplan and it was the worst.
    i actually have this unnatural hate towards them. they completely messed with my head, and made it so much more difficult to get on the right path, since i had these lingering acronyms in my head for everything. they. had. so. many. acronyms.
  • LeoA1994LeoA1994 Member
    77 karma
    If one were to use a book to supplement 7Sage with, what would you guys go with - Manhattan or PS?
  • mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
    368 karma
    I don't think you need any supplement to the Trainer if you really grasp the fundamentals from that book. I do like Manhattan forum where you can read all the explanations from their geeks. The thing great about the trainer is that it is a systematic and simple approach. You do not want extra methods to mess you up if you truly follow the trainer.
    7965 karma
    @LeoA1994 said:
    If one were to use a book to supplement 7Sage with
    The Trainer.

Period.

That is the credited response.

I am going to be reading Manhattan and PS for my tutoring purposes and will keep track of any morsels I find.
  • HarvetteHarvette Alum Member
    52 karma
    Wow... Going through the trainer and I feel like i have been nurturing bad studying habits. My scores fluctuate widely and even though they are in the 17x I still have this nagging feeling of fuzziness going through PTs. I wished I had gotten this book half way in my studying. I am still kids withholding on the manhattan book but I am nervous about not having enough time for actual PTs. I really do want to see all of them!!!