Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

overcoming 165 plateau

badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
I was expecting to be in the 165 plateau for a while but now it's been too long - I've been here since August! I know I must be doing something wrong. Recently I've been drilling LG and I BR my tests, but what's the most effective strategy to take in this last month and half I have left? I usually score -4 to -5 on RC, and my LR goes from -1 to -9 ..... I don't know why it fluctuates so much, and there isn't any consistency in what I get wrong

Comments

• allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    How is your LG? And how are your BR scores, especially for the LR sections?
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford my LG has been good, it used to be -3 but now I've been getting -0. Will continue working on drilling though. My LR BR isn't the best - usually I can get half the questions right after BR (so if I got -2, I'll get -1 after BR; if i got -9, I'll get -4 or -5 after BR)
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @badgalriri said:
    I was expecting to be in the 165 plateau for a while but now it's been too long - I've been here since August!
    I give it 6-8 weeks. You're right on track!
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    I'm at the same spot except RC is what's fluctuating and LR is sticking at that -4 to -5 range. I think 2 PTs a week and crazy BR sessions should do the trick.
    7965 karma
    @lsatblitz said:
    I think 2 PTs a week and crazy BR sessions should do the trick.
    like!
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    @nicole.hopkins ugh thank you for that much needed reassurance
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I think the consistency in your RC and LG sections puts you in a very good spot. LG, I think, is best studied for through the Cambridge packets. I do them untimed and try to review and grade every ten I do before moving on to more. This allows me to really track down and focus in on my mistakes.
    7965 karma
    @badgalriri Always good to know your struggles are par for the course, right? Just keep doing that PT/BR. Merciless BR.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I don't think you should ever do anything untimed except your BR... Even if you're just using a stopwatch and giving yourself unlimited time, you still want to be able to gauge how long different tasks take you whether it's LG, RC, or LR. Then when you're ready, switch to the timer.
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    I think maybe your BR could improve with the LR sections - If you aren't getting close to perfect BR scores, then you may have an issue with understanding some concepts, or you may not be taking enough time to really scrutinize your reasoning for eliminating each answer choice you eliminate, and choosing the one you choose.