Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oct vs. Dec 2015 Test

as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
in General 175 karma
Just sat to write the Dec. I did a look back at october LR's section to compare. In October, only 1 argument part-role question and 0 main point questions. December several of both. Anyone else notice that?

Comments

• splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    It seemed that way to me as well. Argument part is my worst kind. "Intermediate whatnot in support of a counterexample to the main conclusion." >_< I liked the October test (took as PT) much better.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    October had the hardest LR section I've ever seen while all the December ones seemed markedly easier.
    340 karma
    Wow, exactly the opposite of my experience, Pacifico... maybe the test day conditions just made it feel harder.
  • iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma
    @splitterhopeful Perhaps each PT focuses more heavily on a specific range of question types; I've found that to be quite common among the newer LSAT's where I'll blast through one PT's LR sections in record time because it contained question types I am more comfortable with, only to slow WAY down for the next PT.
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    And tons of justify the principle questions just like October like they really want us to master Rules!
  • enzonabievenzonabiev Member
    44 karma
    I'm with you splitter! I missed only 6 total on both LR sections during my October practice test. On the real thing I had to guess on six because I ran out of time. This test is just so brutal! Just when you think you have a section down well it blows up in your face. Going in reading comp was my weakest section in terms of timing, but I finished that section on time during my test. LR was my strongest but for some reason they felt so much harder than recent exams. I know my nerves had a role but I felt so inefficient and was second guessing myself at times.
    340 karma
    Is the general consensus that even if not harder, this test was at least as hard as the October test? If so, with the October test being a relatively kind -12, I'm feeling a lot better...
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    edited December 2015 349 karma
    8021 karma
    When the test comes out it will blow your mind how simple the fourth game actually is. I didn't see it until halfway through and then felt so stupid for all the time I wasted splitting on the wrong rule when the mathematical frequency of elements (rather than slots as it usually is) made the game incredibly restrictive.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    I agree with @Pacifico, fourth game was very restrictive once you saw it :) I actually think this test was easier than october, but then again i studied more for this test and already had experience from the october test.I wonder what the statistics are on peoples first score vs their retakes
  • iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma
    Funny how I didn't get the inferences for G4 until I went home, still remembering the game rules, and figured out the entirety of the gameboard in one minute. . .amazing the difference a testing setting can do to the mind.
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    edited December 2015 349 karma
    697 karma
    but still hoping for a -14 curve lol
  • dubnationdubnation Member
    41 karma
    For me, I found LR much harder in Dec than Oct. I got a 169 in October and I got 3 questions wrong on the 3rd logic game because I misread a rule.

I also didn't think RC was as straight forward as others seem to think. I found there were a number of questions where the right AC was hardly distinguishable from the wrong ones. The content of the passages wasn't that bad but I felt the questions were tricky.
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    @kennedybj here is the data for repeat test takers by lsac.org. generally, you do best on the second attempt check it out...

http://www.lsac.org/lsacresources/research/all/tr/tr-14-01
    697 karma
    @as5324 thanks! The report says 3rd time test takers do worst than 1st or 2nd time takers. Wonder why
  • safuosafuo Free Trial Member
    1 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    October had the hardest LR section I've ever seen while all the December ones seemed markedly easier.
    Pacifico, are you saying this is generally the case or are you specifically talking about the ones for this year?
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @kennedybj said:
    Wonder why
    Perhaps proof that osmosis is not the best study method.
    8021 karma
    I was talking specifically about this year.