Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Missed bubble- retake?

madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
edited May 2014 in September 2014 LSAT 259 karma
I took the LSAT last december (thanks to 7sage!) and scored 167. While my average on tests had been 165, I saw on my test results that I had actually missed a bubble on Section 2, pushing my remaining answers back! Fortunately it was towards the end, but I still missed out on 2 correct answers (argh!!). I could have had a 169.

I'm considering taking again. But I know it's a risk- I could score the same, or lower. It's also incredibly expensive in terms of time and money and I'm now working full time. I'd welcome any thoughts on whether a second try is worthwhile, or advice from anyone who has taken it more than once. Thanks!

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    It all depends on the law schools that you apply for. Some of them will only be concerned with the highest LSAT score while others may average out multiple scores. Also, you may want to factor in how much of a higher score you think you can get and if that will merit your decision to go through this arduous process again. You're in the 94th-95th percentile with your score; most people would happily call it quits after a score like that.

I honestly don't think I'm saying anything new here. I'm sure you've put a great deal of thought into every point I've addressed.
  • NellysLSATNellysLSAT Alum Member
    186 karma
    @Madeleine congratulations !!!!!!
    that's awesome. if you practice tests are consistently higher than your test score from december then why not go for a second round. but if your law school accepts your score(majority would) I say skip it.
    I started 7 sage in late Jan of this year. how long had you been studying for the test if you don't mind me asking?
    Thanks!!
  • CFC152436CFC152436 Alum Member
    edited May 2014 284 karma
    What's your GPA? The difference between a 167 and a 170 in scholarship money is huge, especially if you have a high GPA. Mess around with mylsn and with the LST reports and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Ultimately, choosing a law school is about minimizing debt while maximizing employment outcomes. It may sound stupid, but getting 4 more questions correct can honestly save you over a $100,000 on tuition alone. Not to mention the fact that it would significantly improve your job prospects as well.

Study over the summer, retake when you start to PT in the 170s. If that means you delay a year, that's fine. Get some work experience somewhere if you can, and you'll end up saving boat loads of money in the long run.
  • TeddyKGBTeddyKGB Alum Member
    112 karma
    Congrats! It really comes down to your estimated potential. If you were at a plateau for awhile and feel "maxed out," then it's probably a good idea to not chance going down in score.

How much room do you feel you have left to improve?