Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to bubble and why?

2RARE2CARE2RARE2CARE Member
in General 248 karma
Looking for what other people think. Thanks!

Comments

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    Some like to bubble after every page of questions (i.e. say one page of LR has 3 questions, do those questions, and then bubble those 3 in). It gives your mind a few seconds rest between sets of questions.

I don't do that since I tend to end up forgetting to bubble until like 2-3 pages later (I would say forgetting to bubble is a pretty big problem on a fill in the bubble test). For that reason, I just bubble after every question; I know I can't screw that up.
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    349 karma
    I bubbled after each game for LG.(so bubble 5 or 6 or whatever at once) And bubbled each question for RC and LR. It was the most efficient and accurate way that I tried.
  • cjones76cjones76 Alum Member
    318 karma
    I bubble before I turn the booklet page, so every two pages of questions. I feel like when I am answering questions I get into the zone and don't like having to interrupt that by bubbling in answer choices.

I would not say there is a "best way." It is just whatever works best for you!
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    I like to bubble page for page. Its helps me to minimize transcription errors and numbering screw ups.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I usually bubble after every question, but I suffered a bubbling error in Oct that cost me 7 points, so I have been practicing doing after every page. Like @"Accounts Playable" said just do not forget to bubble!!!
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I always bubbled after each page /LG game/ RC passage so it doesnt take up too much time going back and forth but also allows you to take a second after each page to clear your mind while bubbling getting ready for the next page
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    edited February 2016 453 karma
    I bubble as I finish every page except for questions that I want to make sure I come back to. I know this can kind of be risky but it has helped me catch some wrong answer choices I had made initially and correct them after. Sometimes seeing a question for the second time helps you better understand it. I would only do this is you are comfortably finishing each section with at least 3 min left and you don't leave too many questions blank to come back to. I wouldn't bother coming back to parallel questions because they just take way too much time.
  • blueyayfreeblueyayfree Alum Member
    164 karma
    I've started bubbling each two page spread, which amounts to each LG and each RC passage, and five our six LR questions. The reason I've adopted this method is primarily because my test is going to be in a crappy lecture hall with crappy little fold-out desks. These crappy little desks don't allow you to keep the test book and answer sheet laid out next to each other; answer sheet has to go underneath the booklet. This obviously imposes an irritating time sink for bubbling. I've found that dividing labor between bubbling and answering questions is therefore the best course of action, and the two-page spread for me is a good tradeoff between bubbling efficiency with the tiny desk and getting answers bubbled as I go along. That being said, after 30 minutes, if I'm not pretty much done with the section and ready to check answers, I revert back to bubbling each question just to make sure I get them all filled in.

All of which is to say that getting an understanding of your test conditions is essential to being able to determine the best way to bubble, in my opinion. I was able to figure out my location, and take a look at it, and then took a few PTs at home, but with the amount of space I'd have taped out on my table. I'd say my test surface is about 16" by 17" (width x length).
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2016 2086 karma
    LG: Bubble after every section
    LR: After every question, or after every page.
    RC: Ask, "What the heck did I just read?" Answer questions, then bubble in after completing all of the questions. Or, after each question...whatever I feel will be most efficient.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I usually bubble before I turn the page for LR, every game or passage for LG and RC. At the 5 minute warning I bubble everything I have so far on that page, and then I bubble question by question until time is called.