Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Efficient Blind Review

LSATShinobiLSATShinobi Free Trial Member
in General 236 karma
Hello again I have another question. Ever since I began my prep I've been able to raise my PT scores by ~9 points from the low 140s to the low 150s. I have taken about 10 PTs excluding my Diagnostic and most of them were taken during the winter break(I am a senior in college). I know most of the Senpais here strongly advise against BR'ing whole PTs from the numerous threads that I've lurked on and against their advice, I have been BR'ing whole PTs for all the PTs I've taken so far. However, I have found that doing this method is extremely exhausting during the actual semester and hardly leaves me any time for actual school work. As a result, I have fallen behind on my PT schedule.I Originally planned to take 2 PTs a week with solid BR and Fool-Proof but now I am 4 Whole PTs behind schedule. I guess my question is, for anyone who has switched from BR'ing whole PTs to just the questions you miss(the actual proper recommended way), how has it affected your prep? Do you feel it more effective/efficient? Does it save A LOT more time? Does the proper method allow for a lot less stress? I had planned on BR'ing whole PTs until I was consistently hitting the low 160s but lately I've been thinking that I may need to start now to avoid falling further behind. Any insight from anyone who has had an experience with this would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance and sorry for the lengthiness.

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Albertoduro1xx said:
    Senpais here strongly advise against BR'ing whole PTs from the numerous threads that I've lurked on and against their advice, I have been BR'ing whole PTs for all the PTs I've taken so far. However, I have found that doing this method is extremely exhausting during the actual semester and hardly leaves me any time for actual school work.
    Well, now you know why we don't recommend this approach across the board ;) It's good to do full PT BR sometimes, if you have time. If you don't have time, you really shouldn't do this anymore.
    @Albertoduro1xx said:
    Does it save A LOT more time?
    Yes.
    @Albertoduro1xx said:
    Does the proper method allow for a lot less stress?
    Yes :)
    @Albertoduro1xx said:
    I had planned on BR'ing whole PTs until I was consistently hitting the low 160s but lately I've been thinking that I may need to start now to avoid falling further behind.
    Yes.

It sounds like you already know the answer to all of your questions already :) BR is not a silver bullet. It's the key to unlocking areas of misunderstanding and disarming traps. But it's not something that you can just do more of and automatically see the kind of increase you're talking about. Switch to BR as prescribed by JY and do those 2 PT's a week.

A word of warning: the LSAT you can always take later. Your GPA will be set in stone forever once you've received your grades. A higher GPA is a much, much better investment than an earlier LSAT.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    @Albertoduro1xx - just a clarification - the "proper" BR method does not involve reviewing just the questions you miss. If you already know which questions you've missed, then it's not a "blind" review.
    It involves circling the questions you are not 100% certain about while taking the test and reviewing those. If there are questions you missed that you didn't circle, those are "confidence errors" where you were sure you were correct, but you weren't and those need to be addressed first. Sometimes it can be something as simple as reading "extinct" instead of "extant" 5 times in a row (not that anyone would do that, of course), but other times they might reveal systematic gaps in knowledge (like being sure that just negating both the Necessary and Sufficient is the proper way to negate a conditional when in fact you need to negate and switch).
    For the ones you circle and get right in the BR, great - you understand the concept, but need more practice to get it under time constraints.
    For the ones you circle and get wrong in BR, you need to work on the fundamentals.
    If you are in the 150's the BR is probably going to take a significant amount of time, because there will be a lot of questions you are not sure about, but it will still be less time than reviewing the full test.
  • LSATShinobiLSATShinobi Free Trial Member
    236 karma
    @runiggyrun Yeah I meant to say the ones I'm not sure about. My bad. And @"Nicole Hopkins" thanks for the advice. Much appreciated!