Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's official!

Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
edited March 2016 in General 453 karma
Hello everyone!

I wanted to take a moment to formally introduce myself to the 7Sage LSAT community. I am located in Nevada and hope to someday go to the UNLV Boyd School of Law. I am very excited to be a part of this community and hope the learning experience will be fun.

I have been using the free LG explanations and have seen drastic improvement--from getting around 8 right to only missing 1 or 2. I did this in about 12 weeks time (now if only my LR and RC would follow suit XD ). I was initially enrolled in a Testmasters course for the June LSAT, but the class ended up getting cancelled because of low enrollment. Between the time I started my prep 12 weeks ago and the date my TM course was supposedly going to start, I became infatuated with the 7Sage processes and learning methods. I really feel like it is a great bunch of people in this community. The only thing holding me back from formally enrolling was finances. I had already dropped $1500 on the TM course and did not have any spare cash to pay for 7Sage on top of TM. Fortunately for me, TM ended up being a flop, and I was able to get my money back. I have decided to make 7Sage my go to for LSAT prep. I can't help but think that this was meant to be.

Since I have only been prepping about 12 weeks, I am still very new to all of this. Feel free to drop any advice for this LSAT noob! Thus far I have only been through the PS bibles and the first half of the The Trainer. My initial diagnostic was 142 and my highest has been a 148. No too bad for self prep I think, but I am definitely in need of more help. Goal score is 165. I have only taken 5 PT's and they have all been in the 140s. That said, I think I am ready to kick it into gear with the LSAT and work my ass off.

Anywho, that's my story in a nutshell. Thank you in advance for all of the insightful lessons to come.

-DJ

Comments

• AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    Save those valuable PTs until you've completed the core curriculum!
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14061 karma
    Welcome DJ!
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    453 karma
    @"J.Y. Ping" Hey! The man himself!! Thank you for the warm welcome :)
    @"A. Clermont" Thanks for the advice. Going to spend the next week getting through the CC and then move back to taking PT's. Definitely need a new approach. The PS bibles were helpful and knowledgeable, just not doing the trick for me.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Welcome and good luck!
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Welcome! First thing's first...stop taking PTs! Go through the 7Sage course, then hit the PTs. You'll do great. J.Y. does an incredible job of both educating and entertaining.
  • Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    Welcome! You couldn't have picked a better prep course!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Welcome!

As you go through the curriculum, please be careful to not gloss over concepts as a "been there done that moment" after reading PS and The Trainer - try to engage yourself as if every concept is new and alien. Every resource has plus and minus issues based on your learning style, but from my experience dedicating yourself to one curriculum is best to build a strong foundation.

Please do not join the crew of "wish I had spent more time in the curriculum" and have to press the "restart" button like I have had to in order to ensure I have a basic mastery of the fundamentals. Proof of concept is in the Sages and others before us that shared - once you have a strong foundation in the fundamentals, the true learning of how to master the test is through taking PT's to work on strategies and most importantly the Blind Review process to grasp the nuances and patterns of the test.

Look forward to seeing you and all the best!
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    Welcome aboard!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Welcome @"Darth Jurist"! You made the right choice. Hit the curriculum and join those webinars every chance you get.
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    You're gonna fall in love with 7sage. Im head over *heels* for this course. (emphasis on that word as I'm a Carolina alum! Any Tar heels here??)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27828 karma
    You made a good choice. Welcome!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    You got this :D Good advice in this thread--take this as a chance for a fresh start. Especially listen to @twssmith here !
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    @amipp170 said:
    You're gonna fall in love with 7sage. Im head over *heels* for this course. (emphasis on that word as I'm a Carolina alum! Any Tar heels here??)
    Heaven Forbid :P #GODUKE
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Welcome, and I hope your back is up to the task!
    453 karma
    @amipp170 You are rooting for the wrong team. Go Bluedevils!! :P

@twssmith @"Nicole Hopkins" Thank you for the great advice! Going through the CC now. I am liking the grammar section. It helps put context on some of these convoluted questions. :))

I can't tell you how great it feels to have a community of people behind me rather than just books to reference. Hopefully, I can be on everyone else's level someday: slaying LR, crushing games, and laughing at RC. I am so excited!!
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    @"Darth Jurist" so glad you found 7Sage! You're well on your way to your own goals. Post whenever you need some input or encouragement - we're here to help!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Glad to have you!
    453 karma
    @runiggyrun Back has been a ton better lately. Chiropractor, stretching, foam rolling, and spinal erector workouts FTW!