Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test center access

runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in General 2481 karma
Hi guys,
For those of you that have taken the LSAT before - were you able to get into the test center facility before the actual signup? I'm talking about getting there maybe 20 minutes early to scope out/use the restrooms and so on.
I'm going to be taking at Suffolk Law in Boston, and on normal days the access to the building is badge based, and the security guard said I couldn't go in and take a look at the rooms or general facilities (I'm amazed some people are able to take PT's in their testing room, this guy was serious about no can't do).
Thanks!

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Hey,

Everyone has different experiences with their testing center. Mine for example is very relaxed as its just in a lecture hall at my Alma mater. Looks like your testing center is very strict unfortunately. As for scoping out the room test day, that's not allowed and you just have to wait outside the room until the proctors give you the ok to enter. How far do you live from Suffolk?
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @runiggyrun said:
    were you able to get into the test center facility before the actual signup?
    Nope.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    I mean—you can show up 20 minutes prior to the "check in prior to" time but zero guarantees about access—and they 100% won't let you look at the testing rooms, especially the day of the exam. It will all be on lockdown.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    1762 karma
    yes, but not on testday. I visited a week before and blended with the crowd.
  • relizad6426relizad6426 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    Hey, on a slightly different note, I'm at Suffolk too. Does your ticket just have a street address, with no specific classroom on it? I figure that's fine and it'll be clear where to go when I arrive at the building but wanted to double check
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 2481 karma
    @montahar @"Nicole Hopkins" I wasn't thinking about seeing the room on the day - it would be too late to do anything about it, and everything I've read about the rooms was positive. Just concerned about being able to enter the building itself and use the restrooms - it's been my understanding that once you're signed in you can't get out until break, so I was thinking about going right before signing in (I know, TMI). I'm taking the train in (I live about 10 miles away) so I'll be in the general vicinity about an hour before the time on the ticket. Maybe I'll hang out at the local Starbucks, which has restrooms.
    @racdavidson my ticket also shows just the general address - the security guard said there are many testing rooms, but it will be clear where we need to go on the day.
  • relizad6426relizad6426 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    @runiggyrun glad I came across your post! you have good intel! good luck :)
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Are you taking the June LSAT? if so coming an hour or so early would be doable seeing as this exam will be administered in the afternoon. Even if you feel you don't have to use the bathroom 10 or 20 mins before, do it anyway. The only break you get is after the 3rd section and it's for 15 mins.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @racdavidson said:
    I figure that's fine and it'll be clear where to go when I arrive at the building but wanted to double check
    Yep there is a crazy amount of signage! The place I tested had us split across the campus in different parting areas according to last name, so watch the signage for sure! It was very clear where to go.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @runiggyrun said:
    so I was thinking about going right before signing in (I know, TMI)
    Yep, play the line game! There will be a few other people doing it too... go to the bathroom and be one of the people to check in close to the end. I dont recommend risking it if there are only 5 people in line but as it dwindles, do what you need to and check in.

You dont want to be the person holding up having the test start, but also not the first to check in and wait forever either.