Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2016 LSAT Score Predicition Thread

7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
edited June 2016 in General 932 karma
I'm bored at lunch so I decided to ask you guys what scores do you think you earned on the June LSAT. As usual in my threads, I will go first. I think I scored a 168 because that was the the top end of my pt range recently and the test didn't seem overly difficult compared to other tests.

Comments

• BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    I'll let you know when I finally get to take mine. *pouts*
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Hopefully at least a 168... That was the bottom of my score range this time around and is the highest score I have gotten at least 10 times in PTs.
    1706 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    s the highest score I have gotten at least 10
    OH I haven't done these calculations!
    8021 karma
    Super easy with 7Sage analytics!
    1706 karma
    @Pacifico do you just go through and count?
    edited June 2016 8021 karma
    Load up the trends page and then just sort by score and count down 10 from the highest score and that will be it.
    edited June 2016 8021 karma
    Also I hate to be that guy but you spelled prediction wrong so I'm taking an extra point off your RC score ;)
    1706 karma
    (necessary assumption: spelling performance is in some way related to RC performance). ;) @Pacifico
    8021 karma
    +1 for your LR score this week!
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 1650 karma
    Here's a video that I saw that has an interesting method to score prediction:

Obviously I'm not thinking of canceling (the main purpose of the video), but it's cool to consider the range you think you fell compared to your personal goal score and a personal "satisfying" score.

My goal was 168+ seeing as my PT average right before the exam was 167. I think in an absolute disaster scenario I fell to 162 lowest, and in the best case I lucked into a 168.

In the end, if it isn't your 3rd take, I think what's important is having a score that you can accept as a safety net. Underperforming to a 164 would certainly suck, but my mind will be more at ease when I write in September because I know that I have a baseline minimum. Plus I'd still be satisfied with the minor victory considering my diagnostic was mid 140s.

Never would've expected that I'd sit for the LSAT 3 times but I'm prepared to if need be. End of self-therapy.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    LOL guys ... what part of "chill and take a break" did you not get? Naughty naughty!
    8021 karma
    This is me chilling
  • frielj1062frielj1062 Alum Member
    19 karma
    is there any chance this june's exam was a -8 or -9? i thought the material presented by LSAC was the easiest i've ever come across including all the PT's up to 77.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 1650 karma
    @frielj1062

I don't think they've had a curve that tight for a 101 question test. Could be wrong though
  • rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    edited June 2016 1063 karma
    hope the september one is as easy as you people describe the june one!!! ugh though ugh. why can't i be paid to study for the lsats instead of "working" on a computer all day. ah well at least i can print logic games.
    1706 karma
    HEY I CAN DO THIS NOw!!!

I think, depending on curve and confidence errors, I probably scored between 167 and 172. But also, I've been overconfident a couple times in the 70s series so I'm trying not to get too hypheeee
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Hey @BruiserWoods what were your PT averages before the exam?
    1706 karma
    I was averaging 171 before PT 72, then I got a little wobbly, dipping down into the 160s once I started the 170s. Average for the 70s series was 169
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    That's great @BruiserWoods, I'm sure you crushed the LSAT!